Notices

salads

Old 03-31-2012, 03:12 AM
FitDay Member

Default salads

Is it possible to create a custom food, like salad, with multiple ingredients in FitDay. I'd like to make a custom food that lists several ingredients and then i can pick the ones that I used for my salad that day.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 05-20-2012, 03:27 PM
FitDay Premium Member

FitDay PC lets you do that. Otherwise it will be like doing it with other types of complex foods where you have to build out the values separately then manually create custom foods. Before having FitDay PC I would do that by going to an empty day and adding all the components. You can then get the macro and micro nutrient values for that complex food. At that point you can copy that down and then create the food value. When you are done delete the food from your empty day, then you are done.
Old 07-22-2012, 02:31 PM
FitDay Member

I use an online recipe calculator to work it out, then put it into my custom food list. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post links to other websites on this forum?

I someone tells me I can I will post a link, otherwise I googled 'recipe calculater nutrition' I think.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:42 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by HankG
FitDay PC lets you do that. Otherwise it will be like doing it with other types of complex foods where you have to build out the values separately then manually create custom foods. Before having FitDay PC I would do that by going to an empty day and adding all the components. You can then get the macro and micro nutrient values for that complex food. At that point you can copy that down and then create the food value. When you are done delete the food from your empty day, then you are done.
Great way of getting that info, I went the longer way round and brought up each item as I'd already added all the different foods a few days ago and I entered all the info into Excel and then added them up and created a custom food for my big monster cookie. I'll definately try your way next time.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:49 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by redmaz6300
Is it possible to create a custom food, like salad, with multiple ingredients in FitDay. I'd like to make a custom food that lists several ingredients and then i can pick the ones that I used for my salad that day.

Thanks,
Mike
yes, I do all my entried like this. Very handy if you use the paleo menumailers or the new jimmy moore paleo meals. Each recipe gives the nutritional data for 1 serving, so its easy to enter as a custom food. If you are orgnised, its easy to access each custom meal for your daily journal. Mine are listed, for example, '1-BR02-ham & eggs, or 5-BF03-beef tacos' and so forth.
sounds tedious to enter, but the 1- or 3- etc keeps all the BR (breakfasts) and other daily componenst togethr. That takes care of entering the majority of foods eaten. I also have a section at the bottom of the list prefixed 'XX' for the occasional titbits like a pickle or piece of fruit. I NEVER use the main list, only custom. I am paleo and just cook real food so wouldn't eat most of the stuff offered (I consider it 'not-food' if it has a list of ingredient.)