FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   FitDay Custom Foods (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-custom-foods/)
-   -   Banana: Log it with peel or not? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-custom-foods/5353-banana-log-peel-not.html)

wildbeanerz 02-23-2012 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by VitoVino (Post 73816)
And let's not forget these :D

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...ctivities.html

Of course, "weird" to us isn't weird to the ones who actually want/need these activities listed. Just sayin'. :D

Ya think people with outhouses have internet? ;)

VitoVino 02-23-2012 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz (Post 73824)
Ya think people with outhouses have internet? ;)

SURE! They use wireless along with their laptop of course (while using the facilities). :D

Actually outhouses are not uncommon in some places, even today. A lot of hunting camps in rural PA still use them even though the camps now have running water, as a backup. I've used one when there was snow on the ground and 20 degrees at night. Let's just say it was as quick as possible. :D

wildbeanerz 02-23-2012 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by VitoVino (Post 73827)
SURE! They use wireless along with their laptop of course (while using the facilities). :D

Actually outhouses are not uncommon in some places, even today. A lot of hunting camps in rural PA still use them even though the camps now have running water, as a backup. I've used one when there was snow on the ground and 20 degrees at night. Let's just say it was as quick as possible. :D

Nice how you choose PA as your example! LOL .... Note my location? ... In my region we have a lot of "Amish" but most of them have indoor plumbing now too.

VitoVino 02-23-2012 07:37 AM

Hey "your" location used to me "my" location! :)

I've hunted in Tionesta State Park (where the camp with the outhouse is), biked in Lancaster County (Amish), and lived in Philly. I miss PA. A lot.

wildbeanerz 02-23-2012 07:47 AM

I love it here too. We live about 2 hrs east of pittsburgh in a tiny town called Roaring Spring. We moved away to Columbus Oh for about a year once about 17 yrs ago but that didn't last long in the 'big city'. We love the rural living!

VitoVino 02-23-2012 11:04 AM

I've probably passed right by your way many a time going from Philly to Pittsburgh to visit my buddies. Yeah, there's nothing quite like the rolling hills of the PA countryside.

meking703 02-27-2012 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by VitoVino (Post 73739)
LOL I'll be waiting with bated breath! :D

My latest "I wonder why" about the db, is why does "chocolate, truffle, prepared from recipe" default to the full recipe? (at 3,000+ calories)?!?!?

I mean, yeah, sure, I've thought about eating the whole batch, but if your on a food tracking site, this probably isn't something your gonna do, right? :D

Happy Monday everyone

Michelle

LoisPallister 12-02-2014 03:04 AM

The skin is the most nutritious part

I know all this was well over 2 years ago but I created an account just to say that there is more nutrition in the skin than in the fruit as with many other fruits.

I slice a banana with the skin on and add it to my smoothie each day.

The bananas I get weigh about 4.5 to 5oz and I'm still not sure about the calories. Never counted before but need to shed some weight now for the first time in my life and had a lot of success with the Every Other Day Diet but my smoothie is way over 500 calories so cannot have it on the 500 days.

Haven't read all the rules so not sure if I'm able to post links but just Google 'banana skin nutrition' and you can all see what I'm talking about :)

Don't think it would taste that good eating it on it's own but in my beetroot juice based smoothies it's fine.

RjMaan 05-13-2018 01:55 AM

Thanks for sharing such useful piece of information.

alexrin 10-04-2018 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by LoisPallister (Post 112547)
I slice a banana with the skin on and add it to my smoothie each day..

I do the same
tasty and healthy