Notices

Food Search Tips

Old 06-15-2011, 04:43 AM
FitDay Member

Default Food Search Tips

I am new to this site and hoping someone can share food search tips. I went to do a search for everything I have eaten so far today, but I get way too many search results and don't have time to search through them all. For instance I need to look up a coffee mate creamer and instead of the results having those words in them, i get every single thing with the word coffee in it. It's ridiculous. I also tried to search for the greek yogurt I had and I am getting everything with either "greek" in it or "yogurt". I thought by being specific with my search terms, the right results should come up. Am I really going to have to go through and create every entry with the nutritional info? Is there a better way to search and find what I need? I was hoping this would be more convenient for a busy lifestyle. TIA!
Old 06-15-2011, 05:42 AM
FitDay Member

I using the BROWSE feature instead of SEARCH. I used BROWSE selected Dairy, and Creams to find both liquid and powdered Cream Substitutes. This won't work for everything but I have found items that I couldn't using search. I almost always use browse for Meat, Poultry and Candy snack items.
Old 06-16-2011, 03:36 AM
FitDay Member

Default Thanks!

Thank you! I will give that a try! Off topic...looking at your username,are you a Duffy? I am Great name!
Old 06-16-2011, 04:38 AM
FitDay Member

My last name is McDuffee. Scotch/Irish origins.