FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (/fitness/forums/)
-   FitDay Custom Foods (http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-custom-foods/)
-   -   Ingredients in composite foods? (http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-custom-foods/4015-ingredients-composite-foods.html)

manderv 04-12-2011 10:30 AM

Ingredients in composite foods?

I made a version of hoppin' john (black eyed peas and rice) the other day, but being lazy, I just used the version that is listed in the FitDay database rather than working out what I actually used to make it.

Is there any place on FitDay that lists the ingredients they assume are in these things?

mecompco 04-12-2011 02:28 PM

I don't think there is, so it's obviously an approximation. If I have a dish I plan to eat fairly regularly, I usually take the time to create a custom food for it. If it's a once in a blue moon type of thing, I'll often just go with FitDay's version and not worry about the potential inaccuracy.

Regards,
Michael

Kumochi 04-12-2011 10:26 PM

I like using the fitday version if I can find one close to the calories in my own creation. I find it gives a better count of the micronutrients. I'll calculate the calories, carbs and fat and if Fitdays is close I go with it. Mary

Cybervox 04-14-2011 12:30 PM

I'm sure that a few years ago (when I was here before, I wish I'd stayed with it) there were less tabs and ways to view the nutrition content of the database foods, but there was an ingredients tab. I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty certain, and it would be great if they could bring it back as it allowed a much better comparison between what you know you've eaten and the values given by the database for the dish/item selected

Just to reiterate, March this year is not when I joined, it's the first time I visited the forums, I actually created this account about 6 years ago or something I think, way back at uni...