FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   FitDay Custom Foods (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-custom-foods/)
-   -   Adding ALL nutrition facts to Custom Foods (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-custom-foods/3038-adding-all-nutrition-facts-custom-foods.html)

TS1965 01-17-2011 01:49 PM

Adding ALL nutrition facts to Custom Foods

I'm trying add Nurition Facts from a Clif Bar. But some of the items on the bar's label are not options in FitDay's nutrition info template. How can I add the missing ones? For example, FitDay is missing: Sugars, Insoluble Fiber, Vit K, Manganese, Chromium, and others. How can FitDay give me an accurate diet tracking system if it cannot allow for 100% of the data?

Thanks!

01gt4.6 01-19-2011 03:10 AM

as of right now, those things can not be added. I hope that soon they will be.

Florida Ray 07-10-2011 06:02 AM

I have the same hope. It would be great if we could add all the ingredients.

dorcus247 07-26-2011 07:35 AM

wrong values

I tried adding the nutrition facts from the products used in a recipe and they said some of the values were wrong. I think I can still count.

cookieveino 01-24-2012 06:17 AM

recording Nutritional Information

Originally Posted by TS1965 (Post 32363)
I'm trying add Nurition Facts from a Clif Bar. But some of the items on the bar's label are not options in FitDay's nutrition info template. How can I add the missing ones? For example, FitDay is missing: Sugars, Insoluble Fiber, Vit K, Manganese, Chromium, and others. How can FitDay give me an accurate diet tracking system if it cannot allow for 100% of the data?

Thanks!

That is my only complaint with fitday.....especially where the incidense of Diabetes is so high...we all need to be watching our sugar intake and picking carbs that have a low gi more so than high GI choices....
GI= Glycemic Index:)

VitoVino 01-24-2012 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by cookieveino (Post 69925)
That is my only complaint with fitday.....especially where the incidense of Diabetes is so high...we all need to be watching our sugar intake and picking carbs that have a low gi more so than high GI choices....

Hi cookieveino. First, thanks for posting under an already existing thread. :)

Do you have Diabetes? From what I understand it's the carbs that are important to watch, and sugar is just a subcategory of carbs. I've seen people say that the doctors tell them to watch the carbs. Do you know differently?

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...g.html#post134

I totally agree with you about the Glycemic Index.

aggarnett 08-14-2012 01:25 PM

You should look into a paleo diet to control your insulin. Works wonders.

cqryberg 12-06-2012 01:50 PM

Nutrition facts

I would like to see some gluten free products in the list of foods.

LMB2011 12-08-2012 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by cookieveino (Post 69925)

I've been able to see if I'm staying with in my carb goals by clicking on the Custom Nutrition Goals tabs. Then I clicked on Setup your Nutrient Goals. Set your max and min goals. Then at the end of the day when you are down entering go back and click on the Custom Nutrion Goals tab and you can see if you where with in your goals or not. For example my goals for carbs are to stay with in 130-225.

Kathy13118 12-08-2012 05:31 AM

I rarely see insoluble fiber listed on a nutritional information panel of a product. It's also not listed in the nutrition breakdown for foods in the nutritiondata.self.com database.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be an option. But unless a product (natural or manufactured) lists something, how do you know what your true intake is for a day, week, month, etc.? I guess this kind of problem goes with food diary territory...

Somewhere, I saved a pdf that listed GI values for foods - it was basic and woefully incomplete...
If you know of a complete source for GI values, I'd be interested. One thing that bothers me about GI, which is valuable information, is how hard it is to determine the value for a food!

Joan128 12-28-2012 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by TS1965 (Post 32363)

Thanks!

I'd like to be able to add vitamin K and sugar to my tracking too. However, Fitday allows to track much more nutrients than some other popular food diary, namely potassium, which I need to track for my high blood pressure diet.