Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITDAY FORUMS > FitDay Custom Foods
An easy way to create a custom food with multiple ingredients? >

An easy way to create a custom food with multiple ingredients?

Notices

An easy way to create a custom food with multiple ingredients?

Old 03-21-2011, 02:37 PM
FitDay Member

What a pain! Would it be to much effort to add a button to the entry page that says - "create custom food from today's entries". Come on! Do it!
Old 06-12-2011, 03:02 PM
FitDay Member

Hmmm, I have an older version of fitday that allows you to add ingredients to create a custom recipe. The custom food section has a seperate tab for that. Haven't checked out this site in a long time, but it has changed some and doesn't look as user friendly as it used to be.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:00 PM
FitDay Member

A way to avoid having to use a calculator as much is after adding all the ingredients of your recipe to a blank day in the future open fitday again in another window and tile them side by side.

In the new window select "Create A Custom Food" and name it but do not put in any of the info, then select "create this food".

Then change the "Amount:" to the total, either servings or weight, whichever you prefer to use (unfortunately you can't use both unless it's as separate entries), and click "recalculate".

After the page has loaded click "Edit This Food" and enter the info from the Calories and Nutrition tabs of your recipe from the other window.

Once you click "Save This Food" you're done.

All said, I also think a "save as recipe" option is warranted.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:23 PM
Banned

Default Re: An easy way to create a custom food with multiple ingredients?

I discovered it quite fascinating to study I'd personally enjoy to check out you compose extra on this topic.
Old 09-24-2011, 06:17 AM
Super Moderator

Lightbulb

OK, I won't provide the link, but if you google 'calculate nutrition,' there will be several websites that allow you to do this. I use one that has 'self' in the name. I like it, but there are several websites, as I said.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:52 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by BeejayS
Hmmm, I have an older version of fitday that allows you to add ingredients to create a custom recipe. The custom food section has a seperate tab for that. Haven't checked out this site in a long time, but it has changed some and doesn't look as user friendly as it used to be.
I also have an old PC version of FitDay and I can create a custom recipe by adding ingredients -- and I'm pretty sure I used to be able to do the same on the old web version. FitDay: please bring back that capability!
Old 01-06-2012, 01:19 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by djslatt
I also have an old PC version of FitDay and I can create a custom recipe by adding ingredients -- and I'm pretty sure I used to be able to do the same on the old web version. FitDay: please bring back that capability!

I don't know if they used to have this capability for free, as you say, but the capability still exists with Premium. You can sync your recipes that you've built in FD PC to your FD Premium account; your recipes will then transfer to your online account.