Notices

mefatnomo

Old 05-20-2010, 04:30 AM
FitDay Member

Default mefatnomo

How come when customizing a food, there is no space to include the amount of sugar in a food item? I am diabetic and need to watch my sugars. Can FD please add a space to include this in the custom food group listings? Thanks
Old 05-22-2010, 09:19 AM
FitDay Member

I'm new and was wondering the same thing. They have everything except sugar which is important any program. Maybe if enough of us request, they will listen. Good luck.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:36 PM
FitDay Member

Because all carbohydrates will affect your blood sugar.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:44 AM
FitDay Member

Sugar is just another simple carbohydrate. You can get the same effect on blood sugar by eating a slice of white bread. This is because simple carbs are quickly digested. You should be tracking your carbs and limiting your simple carb intake not just your sugar intake. This is a common misconception.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:41 AM
FitDay Member

I think that when you look at a nutrition facts label you see sugar listed, but really it is listed twice because the carbohydrate amount is also accounting for the sugar.

For instance if something you ate had 23 grams of sugar in it, and 25 grams of carbs, 23 of the 25 grams of carbs is the sugar. I've never seen sugar grams higher than carb grams. Know that when you write down the carbs it is accounting for the sugars.