Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITDAY FORUMS > FitDay Custom Foods
Are foods we add to custom added to overall food list? >

Are foods we add to custom added to overall food list?

Community
Notices

Are foods we add to custom added to overall food list?

Old 06-25-2010, 09:07 AM
FitDay Member

Default Are foods we add to custom added to overall food list?

I'm wondering if the food list is a collection of site admin added stuff or is it custom food items people add? If the latter, is everything added or only approved or verified info?

Thanks!
Old 06-26-2010, 01:42 AM
FitDay Member

I don't know if it is exclusively one of those or both. I do know that there are some big inaccuracies on the food list though, and you are better off to enter most of your food as a custom food. It's a pain to do, but once you enter it one time it will always be on your custom food list. The only time I really use the regular food list is if I don't have the means to get the nutrition information from something I ate. For example, I had a cobb salad at a restaurant the other night, and rather than try to estimate all the quantities of all the separate ingredients I just took a cobb salad from the food list and guessed the amount in cups.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:36 AM
FitDay Member

I think the regular database/list is the USDA database. So anything you add as a CUSTOM food would likely never be added to the USDA (or Fitday's) database. And we all know how fast agencies of the federal government get things updated. LOL That's all just my opinion, however. I can't speak for what actually happens at the administrative level of this site when we add a custom food. I suspect it just sits on our personal list and never goes elsewhere. Probable rationale would be if someone were to enter a custom food with INVALID/WRONG info.....would you want that data loaded to the main database? I wouldn't.

Last edited by Buttoni; 09-19-2010 at 06:55 AM.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:18 AM
FitDay Member

[deleted]

Last edited by Angelstation; 10-07-2010 at 04:11 AM. Reason: spelling mistake