Notices

Tracking cholesterol question

Old 01-19-2013, 07:27 AM
FitDay Member

Default Tracking cholesterol question

Is there any way of changing the columns that appear to the right of the daily food entries that would allow me to view at a glance the amount of cholesterol contained in each food, without having to click on each individual food to view the cholesterol amounts? I understand how I can view the daily total in the nutrition tracker at the bottom of the page, but it doesn't help me see which specific foods contain cholesterol without a very cumbersome process of clicking on each individual food. I have recently been diagnosed with high cholesterol and need to make some changes! I am starting with my diet. Do any of the other programs offer this features? This is my first post to this website and I did try to find the answer before doing so, so hopefully I'm not duplicating the question! Thanks for any help you can provide.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:48 AM
Super Moderator

Not in FitDay Classic, as far as I can tell. However, if you use FitDay 2.0, you can create a custom report for cholesterol. Although still not sure if this will take it food by food, but it's worth a look.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:12 AM
FitDay Member

Can you please explain exactly how I would do that in the FitDay 2 program? When I looked there, I only see where they show the total cholesterol counts in one of their summaries (same as in Fitday Classic). I don't see in the Reports any option that would give you a breakdown of cholesterol in each food item that I've added to my food journal. Am I just blind?
Old 01-21-2013, 11:43 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by greenthumb1
Can you please explain exactly how I would do that in the FitDay 2 program? When I looked there, I only see where they show the total cholesterol counts in one of their summaries (same as in Fitday Classic). I don't see in the Reports any option that would give you a breakdown of cholesterol in each food item that I've added to my food journal. Am I just blind?
I'm not sure, but that's why I said "not sure if it will take it food by food." I thought it might be worth a look if someone had time to play with it. Perhaps someone else will chime in with an idea?
Old 01-23-2013, 06:05 AM
FitDay Member

Default Cholesterol tracking question

I just took a look under "Stats" and it takes you to a listing of what is offered in the Premium package. I see it says Custom tracking. With not being able to view the actual screen, as I'm not sucribing to that version, can you tell me whether you can change the nutrient column that you want to track? i.e. remove carbohydrate and replace it with cholesterol? Is there room on the foods screen to track more than 4 items? Thanks.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

I just switched over to FitDay 2.0 to check it out; I cannot see anything that enables you to change or add columns for additional nutrients.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:35 PM
FitDay Member

I wasn't talking about Fitday 2. I was asking about Fitday Premium. I'm assuming you folks know how it works. I don't have access to it unless I pay for it. I was hoping you could enlighten me.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:41 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by greenthumb1
I wasn't talking about Fitday 2. I was asking about Fitday Premium. I'm assuming you folks know how it works. I don't have access to it unless I pay for it. I was hoping you could enlighten me.
FtDay 2 is what you automatically get when you sign up for an account, unless you purposefully go back in and change to Classic. Premium is something that you can add to either 2.0 or Classic.

I prefer Classic, so when I say I went over to 2.0 to see if you could do it, that's what I meant. I also have a Premium account and knew I could not do it in Classic. Upon checking, I cannot do it in 2.0, either, with the Premium account.