Android App?

Old 11-06-2012, 12:46 AM
FitDay Member

Another plea for an Android App ...

Please, make it real!
Old 11-06-2012, 01:16 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by crager
I wish they would be as quick to get an Android app out as they are to edit out other site references.
I understand your frustration, crager.

The moderators are the ones editing out the site references...it's our job to make sure the posts follow the rules set forth. It's the tech folks that have the answers about the Android app, and the ones who will have to make it happen. And even our contacts in that regard are still waiting to hear. We mods know nothing about the status of that...but we would like to see one, too!
Old 11-06-2012, 02:07 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I do belive that this is something that's being worked on. Once it comes out we will make an announcement on the forums.
has this transpired, app for android - or does FitDay have a contract with Iphone that they are waiting to run out>
Old 12-01-2012, 04:37 AM
FitDay Member

Default App for Andriod - Soon?

Great! I sure hope so (along with 1000's of other users). I bought the PC versions years ago, LOVE it. I used BodyBugg logging for a while but found it just was not quite up there with the PC version of FitDay. And for years I "resisted" cell phones and the like. Alas, I have succumbed and now have a smart phone. Great apps for working out, logging activities and the like. What is lacking? FitDay app. Please let us know when it happens OR if it is never going to happen.

Keep it going everyone!
Old 12-03-2012, 10:15 PM
FitDay Member

Question

I'm bumping this thread to see if there's anything going on regarding a FitDay app for Android.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:38 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by MonicaBruns
has this transpired, app for android - or does FitDay have a contract with Iphone that they are waiting to run out>
I don't know of any iPhone contract. Nothing new with the Droid app so in my opinion it's looking like a "no go".
Old 01-01-2013, 08:18 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I don't know of any iPhone contract. Nothing new with the Droid app so in my opinion it's looking like a "no go".
What's sad is that the iPhone app has been around for quite some time. Porting an app from one platform to another (Objective-C to Java) is relatively straightforward and cost effective...as long as it was designed properly (UI abstraction, etc.)

So, from a $ and technology standpoint, I don't see why they aren't moving forward. Heck, the user pool for an Android app is huge...charge for it, they will come.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:54 AM
FitDay Member

Very sad.
If you are looking for a good android app, try MyFitnessPal. It has almost everything! While it most likely won't replace my FitDay PC, it IS my android app of choice for logging my food on the go. Check it out. I do not think you will be disappointed. Especially when you compare it to Fit Day's app (where is it?) or many of the other tracking apps out there. This one does the job quite nicely.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:47 PM
FitDay Member

Smile I agree

And this app MFP automatically syncronizes with the website So it does a great job. it is even better for me because there are a lot of Hungarian users (like me) so it is full of Hungarian food, which makes tracking food a lot easier because I can be sure that it is the same food I want to feed in.

I will come here from time to time and check out whether FiDay has the Android app. I would gladly give it a try.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:34 AM
FitDay Member

http://mashable.com/2012/11/14/android-72-percent/

As of November, Android is on 72% of smartphones. IOS is on 14%.

72% of your users would love an Android app, please.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.