Notices

Android App?

Old 07-26-2012, 01:10 AM
FitDay Member

I love fitday but have made fatsecret my main log site mainly because of the andriod app. Fitday got to get there shhit together. come on. your losing members to other sites. wake up
Old 08-26-2012, 10:59 PM
FitDay Member

By the sounds of it this won't make a difference, but I'm throwing in another vote for an android app anyway. I was about to sign up for premium but then realized there still wasn't one and just couldn't justify spending the $50 without getting an app too.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:14 AM
FitDay Member

Default Android App

I have Fitday for PC also and would really like to see an Android App for Fitday. Just tossing in my 2 cents as well...
Old 09-12-2012, 01:02 AM
FitDay Member

I'd been using Fitday for years, even bought the PC app. I stopped because it had no Android app.

I use another program now. THIS syncs with a free app. While the tracking is nowhere nearly as detailed as Fitday, it does keep track of weight, exercise, water intake, caloric intake and so on.

Sorry guys, but you didn't keep up.

Last edited by cjohnson728; 09-12-2012 at 01:19 AM. Reason: posting other site violates terms of use
Old 09-12-2012, 02:00 PM
FitDay Member

come on team...this thread was started last year...surely you can work an App out for Droid. You've got twelve pages of people requesting one. even at a doller for the app you'd be raking it in.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:07 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by NoelFigart
I'd been using Fitday for years, even bought the PC app. I stopped because it had no Android app.

I use another program now. THIS syncs with a free app. While the tracking is nowhere nearly as detailed as Fitday, it does keep track of weight, exercise, water intake, caloric intake and so on.

Sorry guys, but you didn't keep up.
Last edited by cjohnson728; 09-12-2012 at 01:19 PM. Reason: posting other site violates terms of use
That's the spirit, guys. Ignore the clamoring of your customer base, and when ignoring doesn't work, instead of addressing the issue, strong arm your customers by hiding behind the forum rules. Gonna take your ball and go home next? Seriously... OMG, somebody is posting the name of a competitor. Oh, the huge manatee. Instead of running around enforcing stupid and completely unnecessary forum rules with an iron fist, you should probably be asking why we're feeling its necessary to seek out a different program... or maybe engage us in some kind of dialog as to why the issue isn't being addressed. I don't know... as a business owner myself, that's what I would do, but what do I know? Do what you want, I guess.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:40 AM
FitDay Member

I used FitDay on and off for MANY years.... but ever since I got an Android phone, I have been using another website. I MISS FitDay... always preferred it... but I'm praying that an Android app appears someday. Until then, I will keep checking in... and will be back again, once it is available.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:36 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I'm hoping the fact that this subject is in the FitDay survey means they're getting closer to an Android app...I'd be happy if they just phased in features: log food, activity and weight for now, with synch to online account...
Old 10-09-2012, 03:31 AM
FitDay Member

Default Found a good Android App.

I used FitDay for years, but now that I have an Android phone I would much rather have the ability to add foods while away from my computer. Since FitDay does not offer this, and it sounds like they never will, I used several that did not measure up. The closest one I could fine was XXX. It works great and has most of the same features as FitDay. The only place it lacks is creating custom foods. You can do it, but it's just not as easy as FitDay for PC. They have a website that you can add your foods to as well and it synchs to your phone. Also, it's FREE.

Last edited by cjohnson728; 10-09-2012 at 07:35 AM. Reason: sorry, posting another site violates terms of use
Old 10-16-2012, 08:06 AM
FitDay Member

I wish they would be as quick to get an Android app out as they are to edit out other site references.

Seriously, I like FitDay and have had it for years but there is no benefit to using this program if the developers aren't willing to produce an Android app. Android is the most used mobile OS in the world right now by a large margin, and more Android devices are activated each day than any other platform. Why there is no support for it here is beyond me. I've included the latest data below to illustrate this fact. I doubt any developers for FitDay ever look at this, but I hope someone takes notice because the lack of support for Android has become a full fledged problem with this program now.

2012 Q2 Smartphone Sales Worldwide
Other: 863
Windows Phone: 4,087
Bada: 4,209
RIM: 7,991
Symbian: 9,072
iOS: 28,935
Android: 98,529

Total Smartphones: 153,686

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.