Notices

Android App?

Old 05-29-2012, 09:51 AM
Administrator

Rest assured, when we have any sort of schedule for this app's release, I will happily trumpet it in the forum! Until then, we are in a holding pattern.

Paul
Old 05-29-2012, 02:58 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by IBobi
Rest assured, when we have any sort of schedule for this app's release, I will happily trumpet it in the forum! Until then, we are in a holding pattern.

Paul
Thanks, Paul. I'm sure no one is deliberately ignoring the issue, but there are loads of us out here waiting with bated breath. I, for one, can't wait!
Old 05-30-2012, 10:57 PM
FitDay Member

I've been using FitDay online and PC for years but I now use my mobile Droid devices more and more. I was very surprised (and disappointed) that there is no Android app for smartphones and tablets seeing as the competition (fatsecret, LoseIt, Cronometer, etc.) have had these apps for some time now. FitDay used to be #1 but it's not keeping up with what users want and need.

Hopefully, the Droid apps will be released soon.

ETA: Curious that I've been a member of FitDay since 2006 yet it says my Join Date is 2012.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:24 PM
FitDay Member

Oh dear I ended up using another program (it's free) for my Android mobile phone and the web. I haven't been here ever since I began using that other program. It is better for me because I can see the foods added by other users as well and as I am from Hungary, I am also happy to see Hungarian food and people in the network.

So I found a better program for myself That's the way it is. They should have come out with the android app much earlier.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:45 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by enmolnar
They should have come out with the android app much earlier.
FYI it's still not out, and nowhere has an ETA ever been given.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:17 PM
FitDay Member

Default Does FitDay Have an App for Android or iPhone?

FitDay is the best site I've found for my dietary needs, but I can't find an app for it on my Android phone like other 'not-as-good' sites have.
Old 06-02-2012, 02:14 AM
FitDay Member

Hard to believe, isn't it?
Old 06-09-2012, 07:44 AM
FitDay Member

Looking for android app as well
Old 06-12-2012, 04:27 PM
FitDay Member

Default Very sad

I now use a competitor's app/site now. Fitday is by far better, but the site is hard to navigate on my device. So I switched.

Considering the popularity of Android devices, the ease of developing apps, and the length of time that members have been wanting one, you would think that Fitday would care. Considering that Fitday was touted by Rodale Publishing, you might also think that that kind of marketability would be worth something. Obviously, neither case is true.

When Fitday steps into the 21st century where the rest of us live, I will be back... and gladly.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:12 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Aefgar
Considering that Fitday was touted by Rodale Publishing
What year??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.