Notices

Android App?

Old 01-02-2014, 07:58 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Any ETA?

Hi IBobi. Is there an ETA on the android app yet? I work in the software industry and we always have to give our customers/users some kind of estimate for new features. I think it would go a long way if FitDay dev could provide us with an estimated month (or even quarter)...since I thought I read a post they were working on it. Must be a VERY small dev team.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:56 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by djslatt
Hi IBobi. Is there an ETA on the android app yet? I work in the software industry and we always have to give our customers/users some kind of estimate for new features. I think it would go a long way if FitDay dev could provide us with an estimated month (or even quarter)...since I thought I read a post they were working on it. Must be a VERY small dev team.
Nothing at this time.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:00 AM
FitDay Member

Do you even plan on making it or not? Simple as that.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:15 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by tspfwj
Just a premium user, with an android phone, that would really like to be able to use this app on my phone. I had an iphone in the past and greatly enjoyed having the flexibility of the app on my phone.

Any realistic update on if / when you will be producing an android compatible app ? I see promises going back years on this thread and yet as far as I can tell, still no android app. and is this a supported app ?

FitDay Mobile / Android App / Built with Appsgeyser Free App Builder
I tried this so-called app and it seems to be a shortcut to the website. When youn click on it, you enter your user name and password then it opens the browser and asks for it again. Tried it once and deleted it
Old 01-09-2014, 06:31 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by bduemig
I tried this so-called app and it seems to be a shortcut to the website. When youn click on it, you enter your user name and password then it opens the browser and asks for it again. Tried it once and deleted it
It is not a FitDay app.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:51 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up android app

An android compatible app would really be so beneficial to the goals of this site. More people would use it more often and accurately. It would be more convenient for people to make more conscious efforts to take better care of themselves and eat nutritiously with the development of a FitDay app that is compatible across the board. These days, all people use are apps/technology and contrary to popular belief, not everyone has an iPhone. There are us out there that don't think iPhones are the best on the market. In conclusion, I think an Android app would be a great marketing opportunity for this website to be able to reach out to a wider range of people. Thank you.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:26 AM
FitDay Member

And THIS is why I'm switching to MyFitnessPal. This monster of a thread goes back over 4 years and FitDay just ignores everyone. I've used FitDay for years, I've promoted/recommended it in the Men's Health forum community in which I'm an admin, and like so many others I've waited patiently for an Android version. Enough is enough. There are so many other tracking apps that now do a better job than FitDay and continue to evolve it's just not worth the the hassle of putting up with it.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:15 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ibizan
And THIS is why I'm switching to MyFitnessPal. This monster of a thread goes back over 4 years and FitDay just ignores everyone. I've used FitDay for years, I've promoted/recommended it in the Men's Health forum community in which I'm an admin, and like so many others I've waited patiently for an Android version. Enough is enough. There are so many other tracking apps that now do a better job than FitDay and continue to evolve it's just not worth the the hassle of putting up with it.
I check in every few months to see if anything's happened. I can see it hasn't.

I have v.1 of Fitday PC and was thinking of upgrading -- thus my visit tonight. I can't see that v.2 is any different than v.1. The screenshots show dates from over ten years ago (and look like what I already have in v.1) and I would expect to see a list of new features in v.2, if there was anything to list.

Book-learned nerds can bang out a satisfactory Android app in a weekend or two -- provided they have a sufficient supply of pizza and Red Bull. They listen to their users, implement enhancements that are requested, fix bugs that are reported -- this is how they show their appreciation. Most give away their work for free. The ones that do charge a buck or two probably make enough to buy another weekend's worth of pizza.

It's pretty clear FitDay has no intention of listening. I agree with you -- it's time to stop asking.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:07 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by BlueBrooke
I check in every few months to see if anything's happened. I can see it hasn't.

I have v.1 of Fitday PC and was thinking of upgrading -- thus my visit tonight. I can't see that v.2 is any different than v.1. The screenshots show dates from over ten years ago (and look like what I already have in v.1) and I would expect to see a list of new features in v.2, if there was anything to list.

Book-learned nerds can bang out a satisfactory Android app in a weekend or two -- provided they have a sufficient supply of pizza and Red Bull. They listen to their users, implement enhancements that are requested, fix bugs that are reported -- this is how they show their appreciation. Most give away their work for free. The ones that do charge a buck or two probably make enough to buy another weekend's worth of pizza.

It's pretty clear FitDay has no intention of listening. I agree with you -- it's time to stop asking.
Yep, I'm on the same boat. I have the v.1 app, was a premium member for a year or so and finally switched over to MyFitnessPal. I'm very happy with it AND it syncs with a FitBit! The only explanation I can think of is there is a very small development team at FitDay...sad really.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:08 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default I'm out of here too!

Originally Posted by djslatt
Yep, I'm on the same boat. I have the v.1 app, was a premium member for a year or so and finally switched over to MyFitnessPal. I'm very happy with it AND it syncs with a FitBit! The only explanation I can think of is there is a very small development team at FitDay...sad really.
Thanks so much for the tip about MyFitnessPal. Been using FD for years but as an Android user it's time to move on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.