Notices

Fitday RECOMMENDATION SUGGESTION

Old 04-12-2011, 11:21 AM
FitDay Member

Default Fitday RECOMMENDATION SUGGESTION

Hi! I have been using Fitday for over 8 years and have a request. Before you made some changes, you used to allow MULTIPLE deletions of daily food items. Please bring it back! You used to be able to check mark the boxes beside the foot (just like when you go to recent foods or custom, and can click multiple foods to add at once). It is such a pain having to individually click on the X to delete each item one at a time, especially when you are deleting more than 14 items and are redoing your meal plan. I think this would be a very easy fix, as you already had it implemented before.

Another recommendation I have and would love to see is to fix the "you have reached maximum limit of food allowed". Please expand the amount of foods one is allowed to add, and most importantly please make sure that the system recognized that you have in fact deleted a food item, and therefore you should be able to add another item back. Many times it says "you have reached the limit", when I only want to add one more food. Instead of allowing me to just remove one, I have to delete about 15 foods to accommodate the one I wanted to add. Even after I have deleted 7 items that I had already added, it still says "maximum limit reached" when I try to add back one (after deleting more than 6). I am sure this is an easy fix as well, and would be much appreciated. Thank you very much!!!
Old 04-12-2011, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator

Barbara those both good recommendations. I often wondered about the deleting thing, but I've never experienced the other issue.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:33 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by BarbaraMS
Hi! I have been using Fitday for over 8 years and have a request. Before you made some changes, you used to allow MULTIPLE deletions of daily food items. Please bring it back! You used to be able to check mark the boxes beside the foot (just like when you go to recent foods or custom, and can click multiple foods to add at once). It is such a pain having to individually click on the X to delete each item one at a time, especially when you are deleting more than 14 items and are redoing your meal plan. I think this would be a very easy fix, as you already had it implemented before.

Another recommendation I have and would love to see is to fix the "you have reached maximum limit of food allowed". Please expand the amount of foods one is allowed to add, and most importantly please make sure that the system recognized that you have in fact deleted a food item, and therefore you should be able to add another item back. Many times it says "you have reached the limit", when I only want to add one more food. Instead of allowing me to just remove one, I have to delete about 15 foods to accommodate the one I wanted to add. Even after I have deleted 7 items that I had already added, it still says "maximum limit reached" when I try to add back one (after deleting more than 6). I am sure this is an easy fix as well, and would be much appreciated. Thank you very much!!!
Ugh, this site has been driving me nuts since just after the beginning of this year! Please, PLEASE bring back the ability to add/delete multiple foods at once, and stop showing me the details of things I want to add before I add it! The way it was before, where you could add, delete, edit, or just view details as you wanted, and you could select check boxes of more than one item to add at a time was so much better than the way it is now. When I have a meal, there are usually a number of different components of that meal; it takes several times longer to add a meal to my food log now than it used to: click '+', click 'add this food', navigate to where I was before I hit '+' and find the next food to add... It's extremely frustrating, and I had hoped it would be fixed much sooner than this. Horrible, horrible interface design!!
Old 04-07-2012, 02:51 AM
FitDay Member

Hi! You can add multiple items at once, just not delete multiples (unfortunately). Just go to "view recent foods" on the left hand side bar! Which version are you using? Go to the tab that says "profile" and scroll down until you see "Fitday Theme" and change it back to "classic"! I have no idea why they would get rid of the multiple delete function! They had it before, and it is not that hard to implement!!
Old 04-07-2012, 04:42 AM
FitDay Member

The multiple deletions of food at one time was changed, that is correct. So let's ask ourselves why. My guess is because it was taxing the server and causing errors. If I am correct, and this is a good assumption, then it will never be changed back (at least with Classic).

As far as "you have reached maximum limit of food allowed" this has been addressed before in several threads. Everyone is allowed 50 items per day. That should be more than adequate for 99.9% of the people using FD. If a person cannot make do with this 50 limit, then they will have to combine certain items so that they can be added together.

For example, if you are always having a bowl of oats with salt added, rather than add the oats and the salt separately create a custom food to reflect both. That should solve any problems with the 50 limit. This information is included in our site FAQ's. Permalink (post #6): http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...html#post66526

Last edited by VitoVino; 04-07-2012 at 04:50 AM.