Notices

Nonfat milk in FD database

Old 03-25-2010, 07:12 AM
FitDay Member

Default Nonfat milk in FD database

Sometimes things are so weird, you just have to comment about it. This is one of those cases.

I consume a fair amount of nonfat milk. I put it on my cereal, in my tea, and all kinds of stuff. So I go to find "milk, nonfat" or "milk, skim" in the Fit Day database.

There's goat milk, human milk, rice milk, Milky Way bar, evaporated nonfat platypus milk (not really, but close), and every possible permutation of "milk"...but I'm not seeing nonfat cow's milk.

If you have a diet of boiled imitation banana and gorilla milk, and your daily exercise consists of "whirlpool sitting(?!)", then everything you need is right here on Fit Day. The rest of us have to improvise.

Oh, well. It's not really a complaint so much as a commentary on the weirdness of it all. I have an injured foot, though, and don't feel like hobbling to the kitchen to read the milk label.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:59 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by elderwanda
Sometimes things are so weird, you just have to comment about it. This is one of those cases.

I consume a fair amount of nonfat milk. I put it on my cereal, in my tea, and all kinds of stuff. So I go to find "milk, nonfat" or "milk, skim" in the Fit Day database.

There's goat milk, human milk, rice milk, Milky Way bar, evaporated nonfat platypus milk (not really, but close), and every possible permutation of "milk"...but I'm not seeing nonfat cow's milk.

If you have a diet of boiled imitation banana and gorilla milk, and your daily exercise consists of "whirlpool sitting(?!)", then everything you need is right here on Fit Day. The rest of us have to improvise.

Oh, well. It's not really a complaint so much as a commentary on the weirdness of it all. I have an injured foot, though, and don't feel like hobbling to the kitchen to read the milk label.
I just looked for that today as well. It was hard to find but as you scroll down, find the Milk, then Cow's Fluid....and then let your eyes flow down and watch the margins. Just above the Dry,Reconstituted heading you will see 3 selections, one of which is skim milk. Hope that helps!!

Last edited by Tamiele; 03-25-2010 at 08:12 AM.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:52 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Tamiele
I just looked for that today as well. It was hard to find but as you scroll down, find the Milk, then Cow's Fluid....and then let your eyes flow down and watch the margins. Just above the Dry,Reconstituted heading you will see 3 selections, one of which is skim milk. Hope that helps!!
Cow's fluid? Ewwwww!
Old 03-26-2010, 01:37 AM
FitDay Member

I've had the same kind of "problem". I've decided I'd much rather just add my own custom food... it's sooooo much easier that way and much less time consuming.

I've come across a few "foods" that have made me cringe and some that make me giggle... like, really, Who eats this stuff?
Old 03-26-2010, 02:20 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by elderwanda
Cow's fluid? Ewwwww!
I hate to break it to you...but our milk STILL comes from a cow.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:19 AM
FitDay Member

I just added in my own custom for fat free milk also....another odd one I found was "cooked broccoli." Major calories in here for some reason, but no steamed broccoli, so I just use the raw one. Don't know what's in the "cooked" broccoli to make it so heavy.

You do have to watch calorie content in here sometimes.

Start weight - 161.5 (01/10/2010)

Goal weight - 130

Current weight - 149