Notices

Custom food deleted?

Old 03-02-2012, 11:07 AM
FitDay Member

Question Custom food deleted?

I use the non-premium web-based version of FitDay.

I am unable to find a custom food that I created a few days ago and used several times since. I have checked my recent foods list, my custom list and searched key words in the food name, but it's gone.

Has anyone else reported this problem? Or, is there a limit to how many custom foods can be created using the free version?
Old 03-02-2012, 11:15 AM
Super Moderator

This is the first that I've heard of this issue. Have you tried to recreate that custom food?
Old 03-02-2012, 11:32 AM
FitDay Member

I did recreate the food. Hopefully, I won't need to again.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:46 AM
Super Moderator

Okay, let us know if it does.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:20 PM
FitDay Member

There is no limit to custom foods that can be created. I've verified this myself. People have used the site for years and have never reached a limit.

As far as your custom food missing, I doubt very much it was "deleted". I'm sure it was something you may have accidentally done on your end. Sorry if that's not what you want to hear, but that is the reality of it.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:32 PM
FitDay Member

I hadn't ruled out that possibility. I may have overwritten it by mistake when I tried to use it to create another custom food. Is there any way to copy a custom food, like using "save as" on a file?

But it's good to know that there's no limit to the number of foods created. Thanks for your responses.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:04 PM
FitDay Member

You're welcome.

There's no way to "copy" per se. The only way, best way, is to open up a "create new custom food" in one tab, while having the custom food you want to "copy" open in another tab, then just entering the information into the blank fields. Sounds like a lot, but it's really not, I've done it myself.

If you haven't already, there's a bunch of other tips here:

FAQ's/Newbie Q & A, How To's, Supporting Links & Tips