Notices

Adding friends to FitDay.com

Old 01-06-2010, 03:37 AM
FitDay Member

Default Adding friends to FitDay.com

i am part of a group of folks doing a weight loss challenge at work and some of them are on fitday.com.

Riddle me this - how do i add them as a friend? when i go to my profile page and view the "friends" tab, there's no option to add as a friend? is there something special i need to do?

Thanks

Moderator Note:

Click this thread for HOW:

Last edited by VitoVino; 01-27-2012 at 09:58 AM.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:49 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, I think it is an issue that the site needs to address.

In the meantime, you can make your profile public and then each of you could bookmark the URL. This is what I have done.

For instance, my profile is located here:
http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJour...ner=doggiesnot

So, if your profile is public, you should be able to use the same link, but only changing the Owner portion. I believe if there are spaces that you replace those with a "+" sign, but I'm not certain.

Hope that helps!
Old 01-06-2010, 06:30 AM
fitday_jim

In the toolbar at the top of the public pages, there is a "search for user" control. You can enter the friend's username there and it will take you to their page (if it is public). From there, you can click on the friend request button.

We are working on improving this functionality as we speak, so thanks for the feedback. Watch for some enhancements soon.

Old 01-06-2010, 06:41 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by fitday_jim
In the toolbar at the top of the public pages, there is a "search for user" control. You can enter the friend's username there and it will take you to their page (if it is public). From there, you can click on the friend request button.

We are working on improving this functionality as we speak, so thanks for the feedback. Watch for some enhancements soon.
Thanks Jim! We are piling on the requests, aren't we? Thanks for staying on top of it.

On a user's public page, I'm not seeing the friend request button. I'm using Firefox 3.5.6 and WinXP.

EDIT: I see it! I found that I have to be logged in, and use the search user feature like you said. If I just start with the URL, it doesn't show that I'm logged in and I don't have that button available. But just logging in showed User=<other.member> instead of me in the URL, even though it was my info on the page. Weird. Anyway, your way works!

Last edited by doggiesnot; 01-06-2010 at 06:45 AM.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:11 AM
fitday_jim

Request are great! We have no problem with requests Keep 'em coming. We really appreciate that people take the time to let us know what they need. Our users have always been so nice, too. They are always so supportive even when asking for stuff.

So, don't be shy with feedback.

Old 02-27-2010, 12:52 PM
FitDay Member

Default Can I allow others to see my food log?

Hi! I am new to fitday. I wanted to ask someone to check out my foods for today and yesterday because my carbs are waayyy high.. is there a way to do that? Like to post a link that will bring up my day? what about outsiders- I have a friend who I wanted to show my day as well but it says she has to log in.

Thanks!!
Old 04-16-2010, 11:16 AM
FitDay Member

I wish I knew how to do this too. I've made my stats public but I don't know how anyone views them. It's very hard to navigate. I wish I could add friends too, I've tried adding contacts but nowhere does it say how to view them or their profiles. Anyone??
Old 04-18-2010, 03:05 PM
Super Moderator

Go to the Profile tab above, click on it, scroll all the way down to the last item; there should be highlighted words about changing public settings; click on that and then indicate "make my journal public." That should do it .
Old 04-26-2010, 01:34 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning all!

in addition to Cassie's comment, when you are making your folder public, you have the option to make your food, activity, etc public. my carbs intakes are so hight also based on the food journal, everything seems to have carbs in it!!!!
Old 07-01-2010, 05:19 PM
FitDay Member

Default add friend

Moderator did not answer the question as to how to add a friend. The page says I have no friends but their is no "add friend" button. Lame programming.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.