Notices

Why isn't Elliptical an Option?

Old 05-11-2010, 02:29 PM
FitDay Member

I just joined this online site, I was also wondering about this topic. What do you chart it under?I want to be honest in my journaling , but not sure how to count this exercise.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:08 PM
FitDay Member

I completely agree. Why not allow a custom exercise? I use an elliptical and it gives me a readout of my calories burned. Since I have a) entered my weight, b) wear a heart monitor, and c) it keeps track of the wattage, I would bet its calorie readout is more accurate that any canned estimates that the FitDay folks would be able to program in, given all the variables. I would just like a way to journal what the elliptical is already telling me. A custom activity would allow me to do that.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:38 PM
FitDay Member

Default Previous post

I asked the same question a while back.
http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...l-machine.html
Old 07-04-2010, 11:20 AM
FitDay Member

Default Where is Elliptical in activies

I just started fit day. My goal is to loose 50lb in 6 months. I use my elliptical every day but I cannot find elliptical on the fitness chart. I found stationary bike under conditioning. Is it in the activities list? Can I put in a custom workout if I know my miles, calories etc?
Old 07-05-2010, 08:58 PM
FitDay Member

hi, I want to know this too
Old 07-05-2010, 09:56 PM
FitDay Member

It isn't listed under activities, but you can cheat a little and put it under "health club exercise, general" for the amount of time that will give you an accurate calorie burn. I don't know if there's a better way to do it so that you can track miles and all, but this is the way I enter my work out if I don't see it on the list. If you don't have an accurate way to know how many calories you burned, you can use the website:

The Most Accurate Calories Burned Estimator

It was mentioned in a thread by someone here (sorry, can't remember who it was) and it's a great tool. Hope that helps.

Last edited by sarkai90; 07-05-2010 at 09:58 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:10 PM
FitDay Member

Default elliptical

I put "ski machine"
Old 07-08-2010, 12:08 AM
FitDay Member

I also put ski machine and it seems to come pretty close.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:06 PM
FitDay Member

Default elliptical

Hey, I too was looking for an exercise for working on my elliptical and treadmill seemed too lean on calories lost. I tried the site recommended and the calories seemed more accurate being as though you enter your weight.

anyone set up a schedule for quick weight loss for themselves using walking/elliptical training? Day 22 of FitDay and loving it! For sure 8 pounds...
Old 09-20-2010, 12:00 PM
FitDay Member

Default love the elliptical

Can we get the elliptical added to conditioning choices??? It is one of my standard cardio workouts and I love it. Which exercise is closest to it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.