Notices

Why isn't Elliptical an Option?

Old 03-26-2010, 04:00 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jonr71
I use the "stationary bike" options and try to find the ones that most closely reflect the calorie burn for the program I am on. The intervals program on the ellipticals at my gym (at level 10 of 25) has a calorie burn of ~730 calories per hour so about 12 calories per minute. That is about the same as the "stationary bike: vigorous effort" option.

I guess if you know the wattage of the excercise and your weight you could work out the calorie burn... I might look that up...
I thought I had found the answer here

Calories Burned - Free guide to increase Calories Burned

but this just seems to be the source of fitday's data. No mention of eliptical. A good place to get estimate though.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:35 PM
FitDay Member

I can't find bicycling, either. =/ These both should be added.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:59 PM
FitDay Member

I have the Fitday premium plan and the elliptical is not on the list still. I'm very frustrated. I kinda regret not going back to weight watchers.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:46 PM
FitDay Member

Default Nope

Originally Posted by DanielCBarras
I think I know the answer. It's one of the most used machine's in exercise SO... they included it in their FitDay Premium and PC programs, but not the web so that you'd have to fork over money... simple.

Its not on any version of FitDay unfortunately. Its really a pain in the arse to keep substituting things. Why can't we just custom add an exercise and our own numbers directly from the machines we use?! Just like adding a custom food!
Old 04-08-2010, 03:01 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs down

I just joined and I do the elyptical everyday. How is this NOT an option? I may be quitting this program too. How can we accuratley count calories burned if we are all guessing which archaic(sp) options? I thought maybe the ergonomic stair climber could be an option to choose?
Old 04-19-2010, 08:44 AM
FitDay Member

Default stair-treadmill ergometer

I think the option for Stair-treadmill ergometer = elliptical. I looked up a picture of the stair-treadmill ergometer and it looks like an elliptical.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:32 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jonr71
I use the "stationary bike" options and try to find the ones that most closely reflect the calorie burn for the program I am on. The intervals program on the ellipticals at my gym (at level 10 of 25) has a calorie burn of ~730 calories per hour so about 12 calories per minute. That is about the same as the "stationary bike: vigorous effort" option.

I guess if you know the wattage of the excercise and your weight you could work out the calorie burn... I might look that up...
Yep, about 12 calories/minute for me too. Which is about the same as the 7.5 mile/hour running that I've been using lately.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:58 AM
FitDay Member

I also use the stair-treadmill ergometer. It seems to be the closest match to the calories I burn on the treadmill.

For an "average" person, you burn 612 calories per hour on a stair-treadmill ergometer; if I use the "average" weight of 150 pounds on my elliptical, it also says approximately 605-610 pounds.

Granted, I weigh a little more than the average person, so you have to adjust accordingly, but this is the option I prefer to use on Fitday!
Old 05-09-2010, 04:18 AM
FitDay Member

Yeah, I was wondering that, too!
Old 05-09-2010, 08:35 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Scraps2point0
I can't find bicycling, either. =/ These both should be added.
They call it "biking". It took me a couple of days to figure that out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.