Go Back   FitDay Discussion Boards > Forum Feedback and Support > FitDay Classic Feedback and Support
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-18-2011, 07:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Scotland, UK
Posts: 14
Default Avatars

Hello folks. What's the situation with the avatars? I notice nobody has got one and I've tried to upload one without success. I tried one directly from my laptop and another linked to Photobucket. It failed both times. Have they been withdrawn, or maybe there's a problem?
thebiggfella is offline  
Old 11-18-2011, 07:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
01gt4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Slidell, Louisiana
Posts: 7,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebiggfella View Post
Hello folks. What's the situation with the avatars? I notice nobody has got one and I've tried to upload one without success. I tried one directly from my laptop and another linked to Photobucket. It failed both times. Have they been withdrawn, or maybe there's a problem?
We are hoping to have them again sometime soon.
01gt4.6 is offline  
Old 11-18-2011, 08:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Scotland, UK
Posts: 14
Default

Ok, thanks for the quick reply. Just curious, that's all.
thebiggfella is offline  
Old 11-18-2011, 08:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
01gt4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Slidell, Louisiana
Posts: 7,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebiggfella View Post
Ok, thanks for the quick reply. Just curious, that's all.
They worked for a very short while. IT has been devoting all their time to develop the new Beta system, I hope once it's completed they can get the Avatars going again.
01gt4.6 is offline  
Old 11-18-2011, 10:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
VitoVino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: 86
Posts: 1,858
Default

There is no reason why avatars should not be working. I don't think it's a "fix", I think they were intentionally disabled and will remain that way. I've seen this kind of thing before and I have my reasons for saying this. The fact that IB continues to be silent on this matter only confirms my suspicions.
__________________
Vito



Think of food as fuel for the body instead of feeding emotions
VitoVino is offline  
Old 11-18-2011, 11:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
01gt4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Slidell, Louisiana
Posts: 7,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitoVino View Post
There is no reason why avatars should not be working. I don't think it's a "fix", I think they were intentionally disabled and will remain that way. I've seen this kind of thing before and I have my reasons for saying this. The fact that IB continues to be silent on this matter only confirms my suspicions.
I've gotten responses on this before and the latest was yesterday. I would think it would it's a matter of turning a setting on, but I could be wrong. It was off, then on for a couple months, now off again. I don't see any motive to keeping them disabled, but I also don't know why it's taken this long to turn them back on... better yet, why they were disabled to begin with.
01gt4.6 is offline  
Old 11-20-2011, 06:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Scotland, UK
Posts: 14
Default

This is the first forum that I've joined where avatars have been disabled. Strange. Is there a good reason for this?
thebiggfella is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
avatars, forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2