Notices

Unable to enter certain minerals

Old 10-07-2011, 06:06 AM
FitDay Member

Question Unable to enter certain minerals

I try to enter everything into my nutrition label when I create a custom food. However, I found that I am unable to enter things such as folic acid, folate, or Pantothenic Acid. Am I missing something? Is there a way I can add these?
Old 10-08-2011, 02:52 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Wanda51
I try to enter everything into my nutrition label when I create a custom food. However, I found that I am unable to enter things such as folic acid, folate, or Pantothenic Acid. Am I missing something? Is there a way I can add these?

The software currently does not track folic acid, folate, or sugar. However if you wish to "trick" it to log Pantothenic Acid read this thread (specifically Page 4):

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...pplements.html
Old 01-22-2012, 12:10 AM
FitDay Member

Default Vitamin and Mineral calculations

I've never found alcohol listed in nutrition foods. What is it? Also, why doesn't FitDay have a place for Folic Acid on the nutrition calculations?
Old 01-22-2012, 02:24 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by carlenky
I've never found alcohol listed in nutrition foods. What is it?
What your asking about is sugar alcohol.

Artificial Sweeteners Symptoms, Causes, Treatment - What are sugar alcohols? on MedicineNet

Just to be clear however, the "alcohol" spot in the foods database is for alcohol, the kind in beer, wine, hard liquour. Here's an example of how to create a "custom food" which includes alcohol:

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/FoodVi...53-4E46FBFF1-c

Originally Posted by carlenky
Also, why doesn't FitDay have a place for Folic Acid on the nutrition calculations?
You'll never get a definitive answer as to "why". It would only be a guess on the part of Internet Brands as to why the FitDay program, which they purchased, did not include Folic Acid or other things in the program.

So one can only guess. Because not tracking it doesn't impede weight loss? Probably. Because essential vitamins and minerals are tracked and this is just not important to the vast majority of people? Probably. Because nothing in life is "perfect"? Most assuredly.

Last edited by VitoVino; 01-22-2012 at 02:36 AM.