FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   FitDay Classic Feedback and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-classic-feedback-support/)
-   -   Cycling is not an option for activities? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-classic-feedback-support/5389-cycling-not-option-activities.html)

DocTorrance 10-04-2011 04:24 PM

Cycling is not an option for activities?

Hey guys!

So I've joined up,
Logged my stats and goals,
Logged my day's food,
Go to log activities for the day...

"No activities found matching "cycling"."
"No activities found matching "bicycling"."
"No activities found matching "riding a bike"."
"No activities found matching "bicycle"."
"No activities found matching "bike"."

10 results for "riding" including: 'Riding a bus,' 'Riding in a police car,' 'Riding a snow blower.' and my personal favourite, 'Grooming a horse.'

Have I stumbled upon some in-joke wherein cycling isn't considered exercise here, or am I just doing something wrong?

vabeachgirlNYC 10-04-2011 08:25 PM

Welcome to FitDay!

Did you see the calories burned for "walking to the outhouse" or "sitting on a toilet"? too?

Try typing in Biking under the search area. You will get 14 choices. If you go under Activity there are a few more listed under Biking.

almeeker 10-04-2011 10:55 PM

There are also several listings if you search "stationary biking".

VitoVino 10-05-2011 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC (Post 58680)
Welcome to FitDay!

Did you see the calories burned for "walking to the outhouse" or "sitting on a toilet"? too?

Yes, FitDay is thorough but not perfect. If it were, it would have "running to the outhouse". After all, sometimes people run to the bathroom in an emergency.

And they don't consider people eating low fiber diets either. If they did there would be an option for "sitting on toilet, straining". :D

Skipper50 10-05-2011 06:12 AM

Took me a while to find that one too. Where I live, "biking" is done by guys in leather jackets on Harleys.

vabeachgirlNYC 10-05-2011 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by VitoVino (Post 58696)
Yes, FitDay is thorough but not perfect. If it were, it would have "running to the outhouse". After all, sometimes people run to the bathroom in an emergency.

And they don't consider people eating low fiber diets either. If they did there would be an option for "sitting on toilet, straining". :D

My suggestion would be for you to just count it 2X!:p

Originally Posted by Skipper50 (Post 58726)
Took me a while to find that one too. Where I live, "biking" is done by guys in leather jackets on Harleys.

Welcome to FitDay!:)

We call the Harley dudes/dudettes bikers and all the ones I know call it riding.:D

mecompco 10-05-2011 10:02 AM

Yup, it riding a Harley (which I hope to do this weekend, it's supposed to be REALLY nice here in the Northeast). Thinking we may go up around the Rangeley Lakes--the foliage should be quite spectacular. This will probably be our last ride before the bikes get put up for the winter.

As to RUNNING to the outhouse, the last time we were at camp I decided a long morning walk would be a good idea. I walked at a good pace for 30 minutes and started back. Well, breakfast and several cups of coffee decided that they needed to come out. I had a VERY GOOD workout scooting back and was praying the outhouse was not occupied. One of those get your pants undone on-the-way, back in and hope your aim is good moments. :eek:

Regards,
Michael

vabeachgirlNYC 10-05-2011 11:24 AM

TMI!!!:eek:

Lol, I have heard that coffee does that to people but it never does that to me. Must be the New Yorker in me since we start drinking the stuff as infants!;)

I have some port potties "outhouses" on my street because of all the workmen repairing the damage from the earthquake that was made worse by the hurricane! I am SOOOOOO happy none were put near my house!:D

It's kind of funny that people think we got off easy. They are hoping to have all the work done in 3 months. Then I can start on my house repairs, lol. I won't bother to list all the damage because the point was that we have porta pottie outhouses on my street!!!:o

VitoVino 10-05-2011 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by mecompco (Post 58748)
As to RUNNING to the outhouse, the last time we were at camp I decided a long morning walk would be a good idea. I walked at a good pace for 30 minutes and started back. Well, breakfast and several cups of coffee decided that they needed to come out. I had a VERY GOOD workout scooting back and was praying the outhouse was not occupied. One of those get your pants undone on-the-way, back in and hope your aim is good moments. :eek:

Regards,
Michael

If you owned one of these, that would never be an issue :D

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-FLOrYhxdIs...0/outhouse.png

vabeachgirlNYC 10-05-2011 03:56 PM

So how many calories do you burn on that thing anyways?