Notices

Any possibility for better food database?

Old 09-22-2011, 12:05 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Question Any possibility for better food database?

I've used Fitday for years, and have been really happy with it.

I was telling a friend one day (as I was adding a custom food) that I wished I could just use my phone to Scan the barcode and have it automatically put in the information (Calories, Fat, Protein, etc.)

She said "Oh, MyFitnessPal app does that" - I downloaded the app and tried it out.

Almost every food I scanned showed up, and with accurate information, and most of the foods I searched for showed up with brand name and everything.

I'm curious if FitDay has considered improving their database at all to incorporate more foods, or if somehow we could incorporate our custom foods into the database and make it searchable for everyone?

I really <3 Fitday.com, so I want to stay here. But I am sad that we don't have some of the functionality or easily found foods here.

Would love to hear some feedback
Old 09-24-2011, 02:43 PM
FitDay Member

I was irritated that I had to create custom foods for something as simple as raw plantain (yes it is edible), or Bok Choy. Getting more produce into the selections would help me a lot.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:24 AM
FitDay Member

"...or if somehow we could incorporate our custom foods into the database and make it searchable for everyone?"

I thought I saw in the Beta sub forum this was mentioned, something they're working on for FD v2.0. But to be sure, this would be a good question to post in the Beta forum.