Notices

NEW! need help logging my own recipe

Old 03-23-2010, 02:42 AM
FitDay Member

Default Recipe Builder plus other Suggested improvements

Originally Posted by desertmountain
I do it like Lizzycritter does,too. There's just not a good calculator here (my only Fitday complaint).
I'm a convert to Fitday from Weight Watcher's e-tools. I found WW recipe builders and tracking mechanisms quite good, but they limit the nutritional data to WW points only. Fitday is compatible with other diet programs and provides a complete breakdown of nutritional information.

I'm fairly new to Fitday and was also frustrated by the lack of a Recipe Builder. So far these are the improvements I would like to see incorporated; I might even pay for the Premium version if they are included:

1. Add a Recipe Builder, please
2. Review the units of measure and allow for teaspoons, tablespoons, cups, half cups, 1/4 cups for all items commonly used in baking. (check ww e-tools item by item).
3. Incorporate Net Effective Carbs into the summary pie-chart so that Low Carb dieters don't need to go to the exercise of scrolling down to the tables and subtracting fiber out from total carbs.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:10 AM
FitDay Member

I do wish for the same things. Recipe builder would be great because I do mostly scratch cooking. I'd probably pay extra for it too.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:53 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Details count

I am with "gattamom." For lunch today I "built" a salad that included a salmon burger (this had known details on the packaging) so I created a customer food. Then I added: ground flax seed, sunflower seed, pumkin seed, walnuts, almonds, some raw veggies, and mixed greens.

The only option that would work for me was the grams option. However I don't have a scale. I think that would best meet my need. I did not have a cup or a half cup of the nuts/seeds mentioned above.

I only signed up to the site last night so this is my first workings with the site. I am hopeful that Fitday will help me understand the calorie intake that I am getting.

I was recommended to this site.
Shalom and blessings to all
Tony

Last edited by VitoVino; 12-21-2011 at 03:32 PM.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:09 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by frenchhen3
I do wish for the same things. Recipe builder would be great because I do mostly scratch cooking. I'd probably pay extra for it too.
Me too.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:04 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the "recipe calculator" tip!!! It should be a big help!