Community
Notices

NEW! need help logging my own recipe

Old 01-16-2010, 04:14 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Boy if there is a recipe feature I'd sure like to know about it. I have the PC version too and I can't find it there either.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:21 AM
FitDay Member

Would love to see a "recipes" feature. I have been entering the individual ingredients of the recipe, each amount divided by the amount of the full recipe I am eating. It's frustrating, but it seems to work.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:08 PM
FitDay Member

Default YES! Please add a "recipe" feature

The lack of a "recipe" function to help calculate nutrition values from multiple ingredients is really the only gripe I have about fitday. It's a function that you do find in other similar services, like myfooddiary.com.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:05 PM
FitDay Premium Member

I totally LOVE fitday...but don't kill yourself entering individual ingredients...there are several sites on the web that will calculate all of it for you using a recipe analyzer of some variety...I use caloriecount but I am sure there are others. I take whatever the recipe program spits out and enter one serving of THAT as a custom food on fitday.

Last edited by VitoVino; 02-02-2012 at 02:22 AM.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:47 AM
FitDay Member

Default recipe function

I use nutritiondata.com for the entire recipe. You can make your own label then just use the info for one serving here. That website is really great and free!
Old 01-17-2010, 09:58 AM
FitDay Member

Default question about nutrients on FitDay

Where do they get their recipes for calories on Fit Day ? I went to a potluck today and was very good, I thought, passed up all meat and pasta as I am watching calories and cholesterol. I had about 1 1/2 cups of carrot salad, (looked like a cole slaw) and imitation crab salad, about a cup and some green beans. Got home to enter them into fitday and it said a cup of carrot salad had over 400 calories. It would help to know where they got their recipe from. There was a little dressing in it, but mostly lots of sliced carrots. so makes it really hard when they don't list the ingredients in recipes that they have here. According to Fitday, I have already had all my allowed calories for the entire day now. Does anybody know where they get their recipes. I have searched the website, but can't find it
Old 01-17-2010, 01:08 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Don't know where they get their recipes from, but 400 calories does sound about right for carrot salad...consider the oil that went into the dressing and serving size and there you are. However, I do "comparison shop" and generally go with the figure that most sites come up with.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:07 AM
FitDay Member

I too just joined FitDay today and see no recipe/recipe analyzer feature. Since most of what I eat is made from my own recipes, I don't think I will be using FitDay, free or premium.

Not only that but the first four foods I searched for were not in the database.

ArlisClarke, who knows what was in the carrot salad in the database? There must be hundreds of ways to fix carrot salad- for instance I make mine with mint chutney and raisons, not mayo. Nuther reason there should be a recipe analyzer feature.

Last edited by clawalsh; 01-20-2010 at 05:11 AM.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:54 AM
FitDay Member

Not only would it be nice to have a recipe analyzer feature but it would also be great to have an area where people could post good, healthy recipes. Sometimes it gets hard finding new meal options. To see what others are cooking might help to keep our diets fun and interesting.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:07 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by kingleroy
The lack of a "recipe" function to help calculate nutrition values from multiple ingredients is really the only gripe I have about fitday. It's a function that you do find in other similar services, like myfooddiary.com.
Originally Posted by ArchyJill
I totally LOVE fitday...but don't kill yourself entering individual ingredients...there are several sites on the web that will calculate all of it for you using a recipe analyzer of some variety...I use caloriecount.about.com but I am sure there are others. I take whatever the recipe program spits out and enter one serving of THAT as a custom food on fitday.
Originally Posted by jstrocc
I use nutritiondata.com for the entire recipe. You can make your own label then just use the info for one serving here. That website is really great and free!
Thanks so much for this information! I was wondering the same thing!

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Not only would it be nice to have a recipe analyzer feature but it would also be great to have an area where people could post good, healthy recipes. Sometimes it gets hard finding new meal options. To see what others are cooking might help to keep our diets fun and interesting.
Agreed!!! Great idea.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.