Notices

FitDay web autologouts too frequently (Admin monitored)

Old 03-16-2012, 10:18 AM
Administrator

The answer is:

Forums in both Classic and Beta will never log you out if you keep a FD window open in your browser.

Beta food will also never log you out if you keep a FD browser window open.

Classic Food will still log you out, but that may change in the future.

So the solution is: switch to Beta, and leave a FitDay window open -- you will not be logged out
Old 03-17-2012, 01:41 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by IBobi
The answer is:
So the solution is: switch to Beta, and leave a FitDay window open -- you will not be logged out
Okay, I think that you'd better tell me how to switch to Beta?
Old 03-18-2012, 03:18 PM
FitDay Member

Default Automatic Logout

How can I reset the automatic logout? It's very annoying to have to keep logging in throughout the day. I actually changed to Premium, hoping this would solve the problem, but no luck there.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:34 AM
FitDay Member

Actually, after reading the above (thanks Mod, I couldn't find this thread until you moved my post) I get constantly logged out, in Classic, even with a FD window open all the time. I'm using Chrome.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:19 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by IslandThyme
Actually, after reading the above (thanks Mod, I couldn't find this thread until you moved my post) I get constantly logged out, in Classic, even with a FD window open all the time. I'm using Chrome.
If you're talking about *food and activity* logging, you must switch to Beta or you will continue to be logged out after a few minutes. See above.

Originally Posted by howitzer9
Okay, I think that you'd better tell me how to switch to Beta?
IF you have previously elected to participate in the Beta test, you can switch between Classic and Beta. If you have never tried Beta, at the moment you must wait until the Beta becomes FltDay 2.0 and goes live, which should be pretty soon.

Paul
Old 03-20-2012, 05:35 AM
FitDay Member

I tried to switch to Beta, but get a message that they have all the testers they can handle. It's hard to understand why this should be so difficult!
Old 03-20-2012, 05:48 AM
Administrator

Right, sorry about that; if you had previously tried Beta, you can switch back at any time. If you never participated in the beta test, you'll have to wait a bit until they make 2.0 live to take advantage of the new logout rules.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:17 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by DannyG2
The need to constantly log into the iPhone app has me looking for a different one. I really like FitDay but the need to log in every time is a real pain. I know your working on the web version but I hope your addressing this as well.
Is there a work around / fix to not logging into the iphone app EVERY TIME I wish to use it? This is extremely bothersome.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:02 AM
FitDay Member

Default Fitday Classic logout issue -- WORKAROUND

Have found what I believe is a solid workaround to these ULTRA-annoying constant logouts by Fitday Classic --- which were getting bad enough that I was about to ready to call it quits (since Fitday 2/Beta is NOT good, imho).

FitDay Classic seems to log you out every 2 hours or LESS (no real rhyme or reason), but the forums do not. I never paid much note to this until I was reading the forums last night and stayed there when I went to bed. This morning I got up and clicked on the Foods tab at the top, and wow! still logged in!

Have tried this throughout the day and it has worked every time -- not one single logout, yeah!

So the solution: enter your foods after a meal, and when done click the "Forums" link in the upper right. When you're ready to enter another meal, simply click the Foods tab in the upper middle tab area, and you're right back where you were.

Hope this helps, and cheers,
turboguy92

BTW, admin/moderator -- this doesn't change the fact that Fitday Classic should NOT be logging us out on a constant basis. This isn't critical financial data like a bank. And even though you've moved on to Fitday2, as a programmer myself I know that changing the timeout period is hardly any work at all, even as you're not actively maintaining Classic. Please get this resolved -- the workaround listed above works, but we really shouldn't need a workaround at all.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:25 PM
FitDay Member

Unhappy

Thanks Turboguy92. You hit the nail on the head. Forget a workaround. Simply change it. My bank and brokerage allow me to stay on longer. One will pop up an advisory and ask if I want to stay logged in. Simple. These FD folks are just part of Internet Brands and seem not to really care. Where's my Android app? We have been asking for over two years now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.