Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > Forum Feedback and Support > FitDay Classic Feedback and Support
FitDay web autologouts too frequently (Admin monitored) >

FitDay web autologouts too frequently (Admin monitored)

Community
Notices

FitDay web autologouts too frequently (Admin monitored)

Old 02-01-2011, 12:09 PM
FitDay Member

Default Web Browser Chrome and IE do not keep logged in

I check the box to remember user and still I have to login everytime I hit the website.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator

it's not your browser, it's actually FitDay. This has been brought to the attention of our tech support.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator

I believe that once the login issue is fixed here it would be on the app as well. I will verify.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:02 AM
FitDay Member

Default Definitely annoying - and unbelievable

Not being able to stay logged in is undoubtedly one of the most annoyinug things possible, and I cannot believe it has taken so long for the admins to fix. The vast majority of sites I use every day, including some small, relatively low-traffic sites (thus poorer) do not have this issue. In fact, the only sites I regularly use that annoy me with this are banks, which is understandable. Ebay and Amazon allow you to remain logged in--for more than a decade now--until you actually have to place a bid or an order.

While Fitday tries to sort things out, I'm headed off to check out another site. I may even give a look at one more site. No sense wasting my time on a site that takes a decade to move into the new century.

While some parts of Fitday are prettier, this other site I found is pretty good, has a much larger amount of food, allows you to look at other user's workouts etc, and has food options for you to choose from when following a particular type of diet, along with other cool features. And you don't have to keep logging in. I have now moved there permanently. [Still another site, meanwhile, has had no admin support for more than a year--it was started by a Russian guy a decade ago almost and he has left for other things.]

Last edited by mecompco; 02-06-2011 at 03:58 AM. Reason: Removed links
Old 02-06-2011, 03:51 AM
FitDay Member

Default the only way

Originally Posted by elderwanda
I like to bring Fit Day up in a browser and just keep it available to enter my food and exercise. If I enter my breakfast, by the time I come back to enter a mid-morning snack, it makes me log in again. Isn't there some option to keep logged on all day?

Thanks
is to get the premium version on your pc and use that all day long. Then you have to use synchronize to keep the pc data the same as the online data.
This can be tricky so be careful. It does work, though.

The PC version is much easier to use than the online version, except for printing reports.
Old 02-06-2011, 01:41 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I believe that once the login issue is fixed here it would be on the app as well. I will verify.
The having to re-login is not as much of an issue as having to retype the credentials. I'd rather have neither issue but the lack of credential storage I think is the bigger one.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:46 PM
FitDay Member

I am using Firefox 3.6.12 behind a corporate firewall and I stay logged in fine so the basic functionality is there.

Lack of time zone setting on the main site is the killer for me. I live in New Zealand where we are +12 or +13 GMT... so everything on foods/activities etc is usually a day out.

Other than that I love the look and feel of the site, nice and clean design. Good feature set too.

UPDATE - scratch that, I must have had a session of Firefox still open in the background when I tested that out. It does indeed clear the cookie (cookie is set to session type not persistent type?) forcing you to log back in.

I also tried clicking on the correct day on the calender, filled stuff in and then it was back on the wrong day again once I logged back in. It looks like I can just select the day from the calendar each time though so that is a work around.

Last edited by maybe1day; 03-09-2011 at 01:54 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:02 PM
FitDay Member

Ya the log in fix would take a few minutes from whoever runs this site. It's apparent that there is no one taking care of the site. I'll be moving on to another site ASAP. Too bad... I spent all that time entering my custom foods
Old 03-16-2011, 09:14 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by raptor20561
Ya the log in fix would take a few minutes from whoever runs this site. It's apparent that there is no one taking care of the site. I'll be moving on to another site ASAP. Too bad... I spent all that time entering my custom foods
Have you ever set up/installed forum software? Even off-the-shelf ones are not THAT easy to make work properly and/or customize.

I agree that it is mildly annoying to have to login and I'm on the site a lot. But really, if you let your browser save your username and PW it takes what, an extra couple of seconds and one keystroke to log back in?

Good luck on your healt/fitness endeavours.

Regards,
Michael
Old 04-01-2011, 05:21 AM
FitDay Member

I agree, logging in every 10 minutes is really annoying!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.