Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > Forum Feedback and Support > FitDay Classic Feedback and Support
FitDay web autologouts too frequently (Admin monitored) >

FitDay web autologouts too frequently (Admin monitored)

Community
Notices

FitDay web autologouts too frequently (Admin monitored)

Old 11-08-2010, 07:39 AM
Super Moderator

good question
Old 11-08-2010, 07:53 AM
FitDay Member

So complained again on their Facebook page and here is the response I got:

Our apologies but we are working on it. Creating a positive user experience is very important to us but please be patient as we continue to figure out the best way to moderate and delete the spam (and the spammers).

So I guess everyone will have to be patient and see how they plan on improving this site for all of us. Let's hope its done sooner than later folks!
Old 11-08-2010, 09:56 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by [email protected]
I hope someone would be able to answer the following questions that I have about www.fitday.com.

1. Why do I have to log in every time I close my browser window? I do not have to do that with yahoo mail !

2. Why am I required to log in after few minutes (say 20 minutes) of non-use of the site ?

3. Why would someone design a website that would make it irritating to use ?
I have submitted this question to our tech team. As soon as I have an answer for you I will let you know.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:14 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by IBAngel
I have submitted this question to our tech team. As soon as I have an answer for you I will let you know.
Thanks I have always wondered the same thing.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:51 PM
FitDay Member

Yes I find this to be annoying as well.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:33 AM
FitDay Member

Why do I have to log in every time I close my browser window? I do not have to do that with yahoo mail!
Simply put, the FitDay site was originally built without an auto-login function. We are currently looking into building one.

Why am I required to log in after few minutes (say 20 minutes) of non-use of the site?
Before I can answer this I need some clarification. Are you speaking specifically about the forums, the main site (My Fitness Journal/My Home) or both?
Old 11-11-2010, 01:55 PM
FitDay Member

@IBAngel: I am talking about the www.fitday.com. It is about any page, doesn't matter. Whetrher I am at the Food tab, or Activities Tab, or any tab for that matter, I am logged out only after a few minutes of INactivity.

Very frankly, there's no need to log me out. Your technical team knows how to solve this problem. It is literally ONE SECOND thing to fix. All they have to change is the cookie expiration in their software code. Yes, it is only a ONE SECOND matter for them to fix.

I appreciate you taking interest on this issue and helping us, the loyal users, to get rid of this annoying feature(!), thereby making the site more useful to all.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:28 AM
FitDay Member

Unhappy I agree

I am new to Fit Day and just came from ediets where you are logged in continually - highly inconvenient to be logging in all the time.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:33 AM
FitDay Member

Looking forward to a "Stay Logged In" option!
Old 11-16-2010, 08:31 AM
FitDay Member

I'm also responding with my vote for a 'Remember Me/Stay Logged In" function. Without question, this is the most frustrating thing about FitDay to me (ok, except for that time we had all the spam). Thanks for the help, Amber.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.