Notices

FitDay web autologouts too frequently (Admin monitored)

Old 12-13-2010, 09:25 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dan-anderson
I think I am going to move over there...

There are some cool features there too...

This one seems abandoned by the admins and dieing...
I agree, and it's sad because the site has so much promise, but some major usability issues, namely:

1. Having to log in 10x/day
2. Inability to set your timezone - I'm on Pacific time and apparently the site assumes everyone is on Eastern. So many times I've entered food on the wrong day.
3. Print version should show the date that you're printing! Otherwise how are you supposed to tell them apart?
4. Food sort should not be case-sensitive, that's just silly.
5. There should be a way to copy a custom food and just change a few things, then save it as a new custom food.
6. Search should look for matches in my Custom Foods and Recent Foods, as well as the fitday database.

At least for me that's really all it would take to make the site perfect. I'm sure others have different issues. But I don't think any of these are gigantic tasks (I'm a computer programmer - feel free to contact me if you need help!)

As it is I don't know how the site can expect anyone to shell out for the premium site or PC software, since it seems development has stopped on the website.

Last edited by suzzer99; 12-13-2010 at 09:28 AM.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by suzzer99
I agree, and it's sad because the site has so much promise, but some major usability issues, namely:

2. Inability to set your timezone - I'm on Pacific time and apparently the site assumes everyone is on Eastern. So many times I've entered food on the wrong day.
3. Print version should show the date that you're printing! Otherwise how are you supposed to tell them apart?
5. There should be a way to copy a custom food and just change a few things, then save it as a new custom food.
6. Search should look for matches in my Custom Foods and Recent Foods, as well as the fitday database.

At least for me that's really all it would take to make the site perfect. I'm sure others have different issues. But I don't think any of these are gigantic tasks (I'm a computer programmer - feel free to contact me if you need help!)

As it is I don't know how the site can expect anyone to shell out for the premium site or PC software, since it seems development has stopped on the website.

1. I can see where that could be an inconvenience for some, personally it doesn't bother me b/c I log in to everything b/c I have my computer set to NOT save history. This is one of the many things that we are working on.
2. You can set your time zone. (user cp>edit options>date and time options)
3. That would be nice, but if you are printing them... why not just write the date on it?
4. I totally agree
5. I honestly don't see this being possible, but I could be wrong.
6. I can pass this on to see if that could be changed.

I guess everyone has there own sense of what would make this site perfect. Many have already put in their requests/ voiced their opinions and one by one things are changing... for the better. I'm sure many other member can attest to that.

To be honest, I don't think that FitDay EXPECTS anyone to pay for the premium or PC version, but we do OFFER it, if someone chooses to.

The fact that you think that development has stopped tells me that you really don't know that it's only just begun.

dan-anderson spoke 2 months ago about the abandonment of admin, back then they may have been true. But like I said things are changing and HAVE changed.

All we ask is to be patient, it's as if the flood gates have opened with requests in the last 2 months. Some changes may seem simple on the surface but are much more complicated.

Also keep in mind that we get multiple requests DAILY... not including your 6 that you just posted.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 12-13-2010 at 11:59 AM.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by suzzer99

Welcome to the site suzzer99.

Since your join date is this month and today is your first post you may not have seen the recent changes made to the site.

I think that Fitday has been great with so many of us "free members" making request. Both IBAngel and 01gt4.6 have worked hard to improve this site in a very short time.

I have to agree that it would be nice to be able to stay logged into our food journals 24/7. But I like the case sensitivity. I list my everyday food in lowercase and less often foods in caps. I don't think I would like sifting through the food database looking for my custom foods though.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator

thank you beach girl.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:31 PM
Super Moderator

after looking at it I think the time zone for the food log and forums are different. I didn't see a way to change it for the food log. I'll have to see what admin can do about changing that.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:31 AM
FitDay Member

Hi beachgirl/01gt4.6, thanks for the response. I haven't posted in the forums before. But I've been using fitday off and on since 2007. I checked all of the issues I posted in my list and none of them have changed. Regarding some of the issues:

1. Log in, has been discussed. I'm sure this is a configurable option somewhere. At least only having to log in once a day would be nice. Plenty of non-secure sites like this one just let the user stay logged in all the time.

2. Timezone - yes please look into that. The ability to set your own timezone, or just have the software pick it up automatically (as a lot of sites do now), would be great. Often I'll start entering a day's worth of food after 9pm, only to realize it all went to the next day (tomorrow).

3. Print version has no date (or any way to tell different days apart). Yes I can write the date of the food log on it when I print it, but why would I want to/have to do that? Sometimes I will want to print up 2 weeks worth of days to go show to a nutritionist or something. it's pretty easy to get them mixed up w/o a date on them. It's obvious someone spent a lot of time getting a lot of information formatted nicely onto the print version, leaving off the date just had to be an oversight imo. This is such a no-brainer to me that it's what originally made me think the site must just be in zombie mode. I'm very glad to hear that it is not and you guys are still working on things.

4. Case sensitivity. This one is no big deal, I can live with either way. If some people like it then fine.

5. Copying custom food. Basically when you go to edit a custom food, and change the name, it could just give you the option to save as a new food or change the name of the existing custom food. In that way you could just start with a similar food and change a few things, w/o having to enter all of the information over again. I have needed to do this many times.

6. Search custom and maybe recent foods. This is a nice to have. But when you get a large list of custom foods, it would be a lot easier if you could search them vs. just list them. As far as sifting through the custom foods database, it would be pretty easy to break it down into sections - one for your custom foods, the other for the whole database (and maybe even one for your recent foods).

Thanks for the quick replies, glad to hear you guys are still on the case.

-Matt

Last edited by suzzer99; 12-14-2010 at 05:47 AM.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:24 AM
Super Moderator

Matt,

I think the log in is one of our focuses right now. I'll see if I can esculate this up.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:53 PM
FitDay Member

Default Staying logged in?

Whenever I want to enter a meal, I have to log in again. I find that pretty annoying. Is there any way to stay logged in? If not, I'd love to see that feature added.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:19 AM
FitDay Member

Default staying logged in?

Not sure where to ask or post this....but

is there anyway that I can stay logged in for an extended period of time. It seems like a bit of a hassle to have to log in each time i visit my page during the same day. Any ideas? Thank you and love the site!

I tried the contact us but it would come up at all.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:40 AM
FitDay Member

I agree. There's even a little box to check that says stay logged in and I check it and it doesn't work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.