FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   FitDay Classic Feedback and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-classic-feedback-support/)
-   -   FitDay web autologouts too frequently (Admin monitored) (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-classic-feedback-support/472-fitday-web-autologouts-too-frequently-admin-monitored.html)

turboguy92 10-09-2012 02:17 PM

Even better solution...

Found an even better solution than what I described above, although closely related to it.

Staying in the forums keeps you logged in across *all* browser tabs, not just the fitday tab --- so the solution here is to simply keep the forums up on one browser tab and your food log in a second one. The Fitday food log tab will never log you out as long as you have that other forums tab open. I've been doing it this way now for three days and have never had to login or even click those "Forum" and "Food" links anymore. Painless....

TG92

shikodo 10-27-2012 04:20 AM

Logging users out any sooner than 24 hours is just upsetting them admins, what don't you understand? I sell full time on ebay and other venues full time and those accounts hold MUCH more important and sensitive information than my fitday account will ever hold.

Can you please tell us WHY you log users out so fast? We're adding foods all day long and you keep forcing us to sign back in or keep tabs open, both of which are ridiculous.

I called fitday on the phone and the lady said it was an issue they're working on which is a bunch of malarkey. It's a simple cookie timer adjustment. I'd like to know WHY you insist on upsetting the users by making it so user unfriendly by having to log in, literally, 6-12 times per day.....

shikodo 11-03-2012 12:44 PM

Can an admin AT LEAST respond with WHY it logs us out? I'm getting really frustrated with having to log in 10-15 times per day.

A response would be nice. You ads are being served to me, vertical banners no less. I'd love a response that makes sense. Perhaps I wouldn't be so p$%#ed off...

stratoking 11-03-2012 11:48 PM

Looks like the admins don't give a damn. Most of the users probably still use Fitday only because they have their custom foods on this site and are too lazy to convert. Hell this is it for me, I'm moving to another site and not looking back. Bye lazy developers.

ahappieru 11-04-2012 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by turboguy92 (Post 90276)
Found an even better solution than what I described above, although closely related to it.

Staying in the forums keeps you logged in across *all* browser tabs, not just the fitday tab --- so the solution here is to simply keep the forums up on one browser tab and your food log in a second one. The Fitday food log tab will never log you out as long as you have that other forums tab open. I've been doing it this way now for three days and have never had to login or even click those "Forum" and "Food" links anymore. Painless....

TG92

As posted above this person found a way around being log out frequently. I have been doing it and it works out fine. I even like having both windows open better. :) :) :)

shikodo 11-04-2012 01:20 AM

I'm not going to leave tabs open just to stay logged in. I make my living online and my tab space is taken up by things that help me either make money or help my customers, something that fit day doesn't seem concerned in doing.

I'm not normally a rage type of person but this complete lack of regard for their customers is unacceptable. There is no logical reason to make us log in literally 15 times or more per day. Their answers in this thread have been cryptic at best.

One time it's "we're working on it" (2 years ago) Another time it's "This is for your security" What a fkn joke... Am definitely shopping for a good alternative.

Complete morons...

shikodo 11-06-2012 02:22 PM

Alright, since the admins don't care, today was my last day entering foods on this site. I found an alternative, thank you Lance!

I hope you guys go down, no offence, but with the complete disregard for your customers being so evident, I'm not going to miss this site.

gothchiq 08-25-2013 11:40 AM

Also, switching to Beta does NOT work. And when I tried to back to classic, it tries to put me back into Beta every time it forces me to log back in. Beta is TERRIBLE. And it still logs me out. Every ten minutes. I'm going to try the work around but I'm annoyed. Oh and another thing that needs to be fixed: Why are the foods not in any logical order? If I search on "rice" the first thing that tops the list should be plain old rice, not something with rice as an ingredient. None of the foods are in either logical or alphabetical order. This is just sloppy, has been so for years, and ought to be fixed. Things like this are why I only use the free version and never pay for Fitday. It is not a well enough made product that I would pay for it.