Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > Forum Feedback and Support > FitDay Classic Feedback and Support
FitDay web autologouts too frequently (Admin monitored) >

FitDay web autologouts too frequently (Admin monitored)

Community
Notices

FitDay web autologouts too frequently (Admin monitored)

Old 08-10-2011, 09:38 AM
Administrator

This should be resolved. Tech has updated the page so that the "Remember Me" checkbox will default to "checked" when the user has previously selected the option.

Paul
Old 08-10-2011, 10:35 PM
FitDay Member

No, it's not resolved.

Ticking the 'remember me' box still makes no difference.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:38 AM
FitDay Member

Default Login requirement.

Hi,

I would like the option to stay logged in forever and never enter my password again. Both Yahoo and Hotmail have this option that they will remember my password for a month or more. They occasionally make me log in, but not every hour or so.

I personally don't think my eating habits need to be that secure and find it more frustrating to constantly be logging in. It's especially tough to do so with the iphone app and the small keyboard.

Please give me the option to save my username/password and stay logged on indefinitely.

Also,

I have tried all of the calorie counters and I always come back to fitday. FitDay has the best reports. You do a great job.

Thanks,

Robby
Old 08-11-2011, 05:59 AM
Administrator

Is everyone having this problem still? Your login name is not being remembered?

Can you tell me what browser/version you're using?
Old 08-11-2011, 09:36 AM
Super Moderator

If I'm on the forum side for a while and move to the food side my login name is there but I still have to enter my password.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:35 PM
FitDay Member

Not resolved for me either. I'm using Firefox. It remembers my username and has auto-checked remember me. But it doesn't remember me! Would love to see this fixed as it is really my only complaint.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:43 AM
Administrator

Carrie,

This is the desired functionality. We can't log a user in without their password -- users still have to login to each session. You need to enable a 3rd-party browser-based password keeper for that.

We are exploring the ability to stay logged in to the forums in the future. Stay tuned.

Paul
Old 08-12-2011, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by IBobi
Carrie,
We are exploring the ability to stay logged in to the forums in the future. Stay tuned.

Paul
Hi Paul!

I have no problem with staying logged into to the FitDay Forums. I can leave for hours and when I come back I am still logged in. It is only the food journal that requires me to sign back in. I would guess that is a security feature?
Old 08-24-2011, 01:01 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by IBobi
Security on this site is very very tight, even by comparison to other IB sites, which is saying something. We have discussed a user option coupled with a "do you want to stay logged in?" reminder, but it has to be vetted a bit more before we could add it as an option. I'll keep you posted.

Paul
GOD FORBID someone finds out what I ate today and uses it to blackmail me
Old 08-24-2011, 01:35 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by doboi
GOD FORBID someone finds out what I ate today and uses it to blackmail me

LOL. I ate a Black Forrest Ham and Swiss Cheese hoagie today. Shame on me! Hey, it's all about portion control, logging, and hitting the numbers, right?

Anyway, I just wanted to state that I'm using Camino as my browser (Mac) and while my username is remembered for the food journal, my password is not. This version of Camino uses the Gecko engine, the same as FireFox 3.6.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.