Notices

Activity Calories and a couple more newbie ?'s

Old 07-08-2011, 03:01 PM
FitDay Member

Default Activity Calories and a couple more newbie ?'s

Do the calories burned from activity get pulled in somehow?

I burned 300 calories biking today - can I eat 300 more calories?

I'm confused on this - after I put my goal in, fitday tells me I can eat 1424 calories per day - but does that factor in any activity calories or is that just eating calories? So to lose 1#, I need to eat 1424 every day? what if I add in activity? I'm coming off 3 plus years of WW so I am in the mindset of earning Activity points=more food to eat. I just can not seem to get that last 15 off that way so I wanted to try something different (and free).

I calculated today and was at 48% fat. I'm assuming that is BAD. However, where is there a breakdown of what fat/carbs/protein I should stive for? Is there a breakddown? does that matter?

Thanks for all the answers!!!! I might be making this too hard - and it's just EAT 1424 calories!
Old 07-10-2011, 01:33 AM
Super Moderator

I find FitDay's calculations of what you can eat confusing, so what I do is look at the bottom line for each day. I compare the Food tab calories to the Activity tab calories. To lose a pound a week, there should be 500 calories more burned than eaten (and I do log nightly sleep as an activity) because there are 3500 calories in a pound, 500 X 7 days = 3500 a week. To lose 2 pounds a week, the daily activity minus food difference should be 1000.

I suppose you could, in theory, eat those 300 more calories, or you could choose not to, to keep ahead of the curve.

There really is no one perfect breakdown of carbs, fat, and protein you should strive for. We all do it differently. Some folks on here are doing low carb diets, some have had success with extremely low fat, some go for more of a balance. My suggestion would be to try some different ways and see which one causes your body to give up some of the weight. Whatever you choose, make sure it's something you can live with as a lifestyle change, because if you don't like it, you won't stick with it.

Good luck!
Old 07-11-2011, 01:29 AM
FitDay Member

as fare as calories go that starting # is the # of calories u burn a day by living. u can the burn more with extra activity witch u can add to this. otherwise u can just set them aside to help move things along. however don't go to fare with setting them aside, eating to little can send you in to conserving mode, then u wont loose anything and you will feel like crap