Notices

Suggestion for Fit Day Improvement

Old 05-13-2011, 01:54 PM
FitDay Member

Default Update items tracked

Originally Posted by [email protected]
Now that I've been trying this for 3 weeks would like to see a tracking space in Custom Food for Folic Acid and Pantothenic Acid.
So would many, many more of us. At this point, however, it seems to be a cold hard fact that the powers that be at Internet Brands will not respond to requests of this sort.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:32 AM
FitDay Member

I'd also like a way to filter all the foods listed. I never buy packaged for fast foods and I have to do a lot of searching just to find a plain vegetable without sauces and mixes. I didn't find plain hamburger meat easily either because I had to sift through all the fast food hamburgers, with cheese, without cheese, with bun, without bun, with ketchup, and on and on. What happened to plain real food?

Another suggestion if not filter is added, is how about listing the plain real food first, like a plain vegetable or a plain egg first before all the packaged and prepared options. It's healthier for us to eat simply and not packaged, it makes sense that the real food shows up first on the lists. Thanks,
April
Old 05-14-2011, 02:19 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by [email protected]
I'd also like a way to filter all the foods listed. I never buy packaged for fast foods and I have to do a lot of searching just to find a plain vegetable without sauces and mixes. I didn't find plain hamburger meat easily either because I had to sift through all the fast food hamburgers, with cheese, without cheese, with bun, without bun, with ketchup, and on and on. What happened to plain real food?

Another suggestion if not filter is added, is how about listing the plain real food first, like a plain vegetable or a plain egg first before all the packaged and prepared options. It's healthier for us to eat simply and not packaged, it makes sense that the real food shows up first on the lists. Thanks,
April
Have you tried the "Food Browse" tab? I find that is often the quickest way to find "plain" foods.

Regards,
Michael
Old 05-15-2011, 04:17 AM
FitDay Member

I have been using FD for about a month now it's not bad. I found that the nutritional information is rediculously flawed. You enter a food that has 25% vit A ( or any other nutrient) but when it comes out in the report it is a totally different %. Just get rid of the nutritional info if you can't get it right!

Also I find the forums are not always responsive to me but I see other's posts get responded to so it must be just me.
Old 05-22-2011, 03:49 AM
FitDay Member

I would second any motion to improve the accuracy of nutrutional information. It is never going to be 100% in that your variety, brand or preparation may differ. I've been using Fitday about a week and find it very useful and enjoyable.

Along the lines of the above posters, I have been feeling it would be nice to setup a "starting template" for the new day. It would consists of whatever foods are normally eaten. This could be determined by the system, or done manually (an option could perhaps exist whether one wants this to be done, if it is automatic). The recent foods list is pretty good as a fall back method.

I can understand why people would want to be able to add whole meals, though mine vary quite a bit.

One small request on the calorie balance report (weekly, monthly, etc).
Is it possible to include the net balance for the period as a quantity of calories, and perhaps suggest approximate poundage? Obvously there
are other factors that could explain why your actual loss is less or more,
but the information is useful over the longer term.

THanks much,

FIN

P.S. Editing this, as I was also wondering about the inactivity timeout. I'm logged off pretty quickly - faster than my banking site. Or if the computer goes into standby. Is it possible that this could be customizeable if it isn't already?

Last edited by FutureizNow; 05-22-2011 at 04:38 AM.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:39 AM
FitDay Member

Good Point...never thought of it that way!
Old 05-27-2011, 03:58 PM
FitDay Member

Nutritional information is "always" a best guess. They are at best, averages. One grape same size and weight, depending on time of harvest etc will contain more or less of various vitamins, minerals, and sugars.

The same goes for all grains etc.

You can place some faith in quality control of what some companies provide but then again, it will be an average.

I find that most data contained in programs like this does vary, but so does the samples.

As long as you can track your "general data" you can get a pretty good best guess for yourself and your nutrition.

Physicians don't even have all the answers to nutrition. I believe what the software is truly about is giving you a "General picture" or "snap shot" over time of what your consuming. It's not meant as a replace for a lab.

People are always welcome to add their own foods from their own nutritional information, but be warned about the ingredients list and putting values in their proper places, like sugar alchohols, fibers, etc.

Good luck
Old 06-15-2011, 05:47 AM
FitDay Member

I would like to echo this sentiment. Part of the beauty of FitDay is it's simplicity. Other sites try to offer more "features" such as meal breakdown and it just clutters the screen into a loud busy mess of tables and graphics. The simple food list table is in my opinion the GREATEST feature that Fitday offers. It is the reason I'm not using one of the other sites. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't go that route.

Come on people, if you enter your foods in order then you can see your meals by proximity. And anyway, it's mostly about WHAT you eat in the course of a day, not WHEN.

Fitday, please don't lose your niche by adopting an interface like that of your competitors. Thanks.

Originally Posted by me20less
Conversely, I would just like to put in my 2 cents asking FitDay to NOT separate the foods into meals. This is my first day using FitDay- my fiance suggested it after I voiced my frustration with the WebMD weight loss planner. I found that having everything in "meal zones" (on WebMD) made everything that much more complicated. If my first meal is at noon, and is a banana, is that breakfast? Lunch? My mid-morning snack? And if I have a bowl of cereal an hour after that, should I put it in the breakfast slot? I found I was trying to disregard the entire "meal zones" anyway, which created yet more problems. Hurray for FitDay, that recognizes not everyone eats the same way throughout the day!
Old 06-15-2011, 07:15 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by kate.bastow
I would like to echo this sentiment. Part of the beauty of FitDay is it's simplicity. Other sites try to offer more "features" such as meal breakdown and it just clutters the screen into a loud busy mess of tables and graphics. The simple food list table is in my opinion the GREATEST feature that Fitday offers. It is the reason I'm not using one of the other sites. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't go that route.

Come on people, if you enter your foods in order then you can see your meals by proximity. And anyway, it's mostly about WHAT you eat in the course of a day, not WHEN.

Fitday, please don't lose your niche by adopting an interface like that of your competitors. Thanks.
I second this motion. Or if there is a more structured format, it should be a configurable option.

It's funny that the PC version is being pitched as an upgrade. Most PC software is moving to the cloud. How different is the PC version? I like the web version because it's accessible from everywhere.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:04 AM
Administrator

I messaged tech about your concerns. Always good to hear various points of view

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.