Notices

Under calorie limit at night

Old 04-19-2011, 03:36 PM
FitDay Member

Default Under calorie limit at night

So, I've given myself about 1200 calories, since it's the minimum your body needs to stay healthy and I read it was a good amount to eat for losing weight. Well, I find myself under 1200 calories almost always. I'm not starving and I eat pretty delicious meals with lots of vegetables and fruit. Should I make up for the last calories at the end of the day, or am I alright?
Old 04-20-2011, 12:36 AM
FitDay Member

I'm sure someone will be answering your question. I'm just curious about what you're eating to stay under 1200. Like your menu? It's been hard for me to stay at 1200. Usually I go over by the end of the day (when I am at my hungriest)
I range from 1200 - 1300. But like I said it's hard.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:15 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ZoeDuc
I'm sure someone will be answering your question. I'm just curious about what you're eating to stay under 1200. Like your menu? It's been hard for me to stay at 1200. Usually I go over by the end of the day (when I am at my hungriest)
I range from 1200 - 1300. But like I said it's hard.
I've just started a few days ago, so my meals have been different every day. For breakfast If I have time to cook, I'll fry and egg (always over easy for me), I stick to the serving size of bacon (2), I paired it with a whole, medium tomato, with half of a lemon I know it's a strange breakfast fruit haha. If I don't have time to cook, I have this amazing blender I bought for like $150. It blends everything. I throw some fruit in there, vegetables, and 2 scoops of protein meal replacement soy powder for the protein and calories. It blends together well and I drink it down. The fruit overpowers the vegetable taste, so all you get is a sweet, all fresh smoothie! In between, I eat one of those 100 cal snack packs, since I find they feed my sweet tooth.

Lunch, yesterday I had a low-sodium turkey sandwich. I only used one slice of wheat bread and cut it in half to make like a mini sandwich. Whole-wheat bread. I put part of a tomato on it with some fresh baby spinach. Then paired it with strawberries and the rest of the tomato I cut for the sandwich (I love tomatoes incase you couldn't tell, hehe) I ate another little snack pack before dinner.

Finally for dinner I ate a 6oz grilled chicken breast with a bit of seasoning on it, steamed mixed vegetables, and a little over a cup of rasberries and blackberries. And then a snack before bed was a serving sized package of almonds.

That was pretty long, but those are roughly the kinds of things I eat, lots of vegetables with fruit. I know I need to work on my protein a little more.

Last edited by Makaykay; 04-20-2011 at 01:18 AM.