Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > Forum Feedback and Support > FitDay Classic Feedback and Support
Attn Admins - Technical Trouble with Site - Very Slow >

Attn Admins - Technical Trouble with Site - Very Slow

Community
Notices

Attn Admins - Technical Trouble with Site - Very Slow

Old 05-09-2011, 09:43 AM
FitDay Member

Default One-off fee?

There are a few sites that require a one-time joining fee of a minimal amount (eg $5 USD) and are free thereafter. I'd be happy to pay something like this if it meant Fitday could upgrade to a larger server, or fix whatever else it is that makes it

- slow
- log you out arbitrarily
- refuse to open some pages, esp forums
- do other things that annoy people, which I haven't noticed/accounted for

And/or - new joiners could get Fitday online free for one or two months, and then be asked to make a payment like that, and then it'd be free again - would engage people long enough to see results and maybe stay with it to keep their stats. Or people just be asked to pay the fee from the start (like the sites I'm thinking of), which would prevent people making serial accounts. A fee like that is something even I can handle and would be willing to pay.

I really, really like Fitday's tools and absence of gimmickry (e.g., force-fed diet or workout plans - no pun intended - hype, etc), but agree with everyone saying its noted slowness makes a real impact on usability.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:51 AM
Super Moderator

My understanding is that once the transition/improvement process is completed, these things won't be an issue, correct, mods?

I've heard a lot of folks complain about FitDay logging you off at will; I've never had that happen in 16 months's worth of use. Could it be a hardware/software problem?

I agree that FitDay is just the right blend of tools and forums without all the added junk.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:31 AM
Super Moderator

I sometimes wonder if it's a cookie/browser problem.

I use Firefox here at work and the security setup on it is fairly lax - I don't have logout problems. At home, I use Google Chrome and my security is higher - I have my cookies set up differently, and I am logged out ALL the time.

I've noticed a trend to it, though - if I log on and go to the forums RIGHT away, without stopping in food or exercise, it tends to stay logged in. Sometimes I get booted, but usually not.

If, however, I log in, enter some food and/or activities, and then try to go to the forums, I'm logged out, every single time, and have to re-log. Sometimes it gets to the point where it boots me over and over from the forums and I just have to try again later (that happened continually this weekend). It's definitely something with the forums that boots me.

If it is a problem with internet cookies or security protocols, then it kind of sucks that I have to lower my internet security to use Fitday properly, but at least I CAN turn it off and back on. It's slightly annoying, but I'll do it to use the site, and it doesn't ruin my day or anything . Sometimes I think much is made over minor problems and annoyances, but to each their own!
Old 05-10-2011, 09:44 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
My understanding is that once the transition/improvement process is completed, these things won't be an issue, correct, mods?
This is what we're being told.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:22 AM
FitDay Member

Practically June and still no improvements. I'm going to be forced to switch programs if these issues are not resolved.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:23 AM
Super Moderator

The tech dept. needs to knoe the following:
Please submit a screenshot of the issue (if possible) and answer the following questions:
  • What operating system are you using? (Windows, OSX, etc...)
  • What version? (XP, 7, Leopard, etc...)
  • What browser are you using? (IE, FF, Chrome, etc...)
  • What version? (IE7, FF3)
  • What page were you on? (http address)
  • What were you trying to do on that page?
  • When did you purchase the computer you are using?
  • How often do you update your computer?
Any additional details related to your computer's configuration may be helpful so please supply as much info as possible.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:29 AM
FitDay Member

Honestly, fitday is a website, and it shouldn't really matter what we are using on the client end.

For me I am trying a Windows 7 PC at work (with Firefox 3.6 and IE 8.0). My phone (Motorola Droid 1, with latest updates, default browser). At home I have Ubuntu running Firefox 4, and Mac OS X running latest Chrome browser. Behavior is consistent in all of them.

At this time, browsing the site is fine, but the trouble is when entering menu items. Inserting a food item into my food journal is working OK right now, but trying to then modify (for example, change number of servings) usually doesn't work. Also, creating a new food item doesn't seem to work, when trying to save the site times out.

This feels like a database issue, maybe a write lock on the table or index for some reason.

FYI: posting to these forums is also slow / times out, wondering if this is hosted on the same DB as the fitday app data?

Nick
Old 07-26-2011, 01:29 PM
FitDay Member

I'm wondering if this problem is related to heavy traffic at certain times of the day? Couldn't use this morning, but this evening it seems to be working fine? If that's all it is I'll just make a habit of using the site during off-peak times.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:31 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by imnes
I'm wondering if this problem is related to heavy traffic at certain times of the day? Couldn't use this morning, but this evening it seems to be working fine? If that's all it is I'll just make a habit of using the site during off-peak times.
Nick, I don't think that's it. It seems to be hit and miss with some users. I had an issue with it a couple months back but it's been pretty stable now. I'm on all through the day and evening.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:18 AM
Administrator

Hi,

As always, we recommend using Firefox as your browser. Also we are making big changes to the site, which in the future should streamline things for you if it's slow from time to time.

Paul

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.