Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > Forum Feedback and Support > FitDay Classic Feedback and Support
Food Advertisement Inappropriate (Admin monitored) >

Food Advertisement Inappropriate (Admin monitored)

Community
Notices

Food Advertisement Inappropriate (Admin monitored)

Old 06-13-2012, 03:18 AM
FitDay Member

I appreciate advertising paying to keep providing me with the free version of FitDay, but Lee's fried chicken and mashed potatoes with gravy on a health oriented website? It's especially annoying when I am trying to edit a post and the ad continually pops up. Also, now I'm getting an audio ad from Lee's that interrupts my train of thought.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:35 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
I, too apologize--I should have left out the snarkiness. By way of explaination from my perspective, your first post on the forum was to complain about a source of revenue to fund this free web site. Constructive criticisims are welcome, but threats to "leave" just trip my trigger (right or wrong, they do).

And, I don't see where Mike is making fun of anyone, and I've been made fun of my whole life so I've "been there and done that". And yes, I KNOW what it is to be hungry. Do a 30 day water fast and see if you and hunger don't get well acquainted (I've done them twice).

I am a food addict myself and I KNOW where you're coming from. But, really, you need to deal with this. All these temptations will always be out there, just like there is a bar on every corner enticing the alcoholic to have "just one little drink". Folks like you and me need to learn to cope with these urges.

So, I encourage you to stick around. FitDay, warts and all, can help you lose all the weight you want/need to.

Regards,
Michael
I am late to this discussion and while I do agree with what Michael and Mike are saying about having to deal with tempations, I can also sympathize. Seeing food ads on FD where you are trying to get help might feel like seeing scotch posters at an AA meeting. Just saying.

And yeah I did get really sick of seeing Jillian on the ads. I just try and ignore em when I can. The ones that piss me off are the ones that say 5 foods you should avoid and they wind up being ads for acai berries or something like that. Really sneaky.

Thanks for getting rid of those Office Depot ads. I was going to boycott that business just because of those rollover ads. For me, certain ads sometimes have the opposite effect as intended. If they're really annoying or persistent, I just feel like I DON'T want to get behind that product.

Last edited by canary52; 06-14-2012 at 04:42 AM.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:24 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Mern
I appreciate advertising paying to keep providing me with the free version of FitDay, but Lee's fried chicken and mashed potatoes with gravy on a health oriented website? It's especially annoying when I am trying to edit a post and the ad continually pops up. Also, now I'm getting an audio ad from Lee's that interrupts my train of thought.
Any time you see an objectionable ad, if you can post a screenshot or send it to me at paul.obrien(at)internetbrands.com I can have it blocked.

Thanks,

Paul
Community Manager
Old 06-23-2012, 07:19 AM
FitDay Member

Default Inappropriate Advertisement

This is THE most inappropriate ad I've ever seen on Fit day. I know for some people it could be a sabotaging trigger, especially if they're having a rough time staying within their calorie goals for the day:

Old 06-25-2012, 10:45 AM
FitDay Member

Default I just started using fitday and the new format sucks

The advertisements are everywhere, but I could handle that if the log were easier to use. Usually when a site changes something the purpose is to improve it. The new log system provides less information and is much more cumbersome to use. I have been using a template specifically made for me. I decided to return to Fitday after many years of not using it. The first couple of days, I was happy. Then, yesterday or the day before, this new format. It's lousy. That's too bad. I will probably return to the template made just for me.
Oh, well.

Old 06-26-2012, 09:37 AM
Administrator

Perhaps you just switched from Classic to 2.0? Or vice-versa? You can change back in your profile preferences.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:37 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Rubystars
This is THE most inappropriate ad I've ever seen on Fit day. I know for some people it could be a sabotaging trigger, especially if they're having a rough time staying within their calorie goals for the day:

I will have it blocked, thank you. That is not at all the type of ad we want on FitDay.

Paul