Notices

Fitday for Mac

Old 01-10-2012, 08:40 AM
FitDay Member

Default Parallel

I bought a book called "Switching to the Mac: The missing manual....", and it has a chapter about how to load windows on your Mac for just this reason. I have a few PC programs that I can't live without, but want to use my Mac as my main computer. To do this you have to load a program called Parallel, and then Windows 7, and viola... you can load Windows programs on your Mac. It's very simple to install, and works better than I imagined!
Old 01-20-2012, 01:35 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by kalliope999
I just wanted to add another vote for a Mac version of the software.

I'll be wanting a mobile app, too, for either an Android phone or an iPhone (haven't decided yet -- I have a couple of months before my upgrade).

-Nicole
YES! A mobile app would be great! That way you can enter things as you eat them. Or look them up before you eat them so you can decide whether you want to eat them or something else. When I get home I sumetimes struggle to remember everything I ate (and the exact potions) that day.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:37 AM
FitDay Member

Default Fitday ads

Originally Posted by sltorrant
I have a mac and since becoming a member have been fairly pleased with this on-line database to track daily food and activities, etc...however for the past two days I have not been able to post my entries. It seems like there is more advertising and ever since then, the service has not worked properly. I'll give it a few days and then look for another service to use. Any suggestions?
I also find that the ads interfere with the loading. I've pretty much given up trying to access food data etc. and after a number of years of utilizing the site, I will be finding an alternative source. I also have the premium version but that is on my old pc and I've switched since, to a Mac.
I'm sorry to leave but the ads and slowness of the site makes it worthless.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:14 AM
FitDay Member

Default Mobile version

Originally Posted by kikieseme
YES! A mobile app would be great! That way you can enter things as you eat them. Or look them up before you eat them so you can decide whether you want to eat them or something else. When I get home I sumetimes struggle to remember everything I ate (and the exact potions) that day.

Actually, they've had a mobile app for a while now. I've had it almost a year. Just sayin.

As for the Mac version...PLEASE make us one!
Old 05-08-2012, 05:16 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jcutrer
I bought a book called "Switching to the Mac: The missing manual....", and it has a chapter about how to load windows on your Mac for just this reason. I have a few PC programs that I can't live without, but want to use my Mac as my main computer. To do this you have to load a program called Parallel, and then Windows 7, and viola... you can load Windows programs on your Mac. It's very simple to install, and works better than I imagined!
Thanks for the info! I've heard about this...guess I should look into it more.
Old 05-26-2012, 12:01 PM
FitDay Member

Angry

Originally Posted by IBobi
At this time, a Mac version is not in the tech pipeline, though we are of course aware there is a desire for one.

Paul
Dear God. Years have passed since this thread opened. What's the hold up? I, too, will pay for a Mac version.
Old 07-26-2012, 01:42 AM
FitDay Member

Unhappy

Originally Posted by jcutrer
The only thing about doing this is it makes your Mac susceptible to viruses. If FitDay doesn't get a Mac version soon, I may have to find a different software.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:34 AM
FitDay Member

I too have been a user for years (FitDayPC and had Premium for a while). Can only use FDPC on my work computer; been waiting for a Mac version for home since day one (no interest in Parallels: been there, done that -- works okay in a pinch for something critical, but worthless for day-to-day work-flow). I haven't renewed the Premium and beginning to look for alternatives that are Mac friendly. If a Mac version came out, I'd not only buy it, but would renew the Premium as well...
Old 01-08-2013, 05:06 AM
FitDay Member

I use both Mac and Linux at home and work. I guess I'll stuck with the web based UI. Too bad. I rarely pay for software, but would be willing to pay for this one.
Old 05-25-2013, 01:33 AM
FitDay Member

Just switched to MAC... so ditto!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.