Notices

Custom vs. existing foods

Old 02-06-2011, 11:58 PM
FitDay Member

Unhappy Custom vs. existing foods

On FitDay.com, there's an entry outside the database that includes sea urchin (we are sushi enthusiasts), but within FitDay, there is no entry.

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/nutriti...ea_urchin.html

^^ That is the link that we found off a Google search for entering sea urchin or uni as a custom food and we discovered that FitDay had an entry! But it's not found if you log into FitDay to enter it into your daily tallies.

Frustrating. I had to create a custom food for my entry, though there are soooo many divergent representations of sea urchin's nutritional value.

Once I add sea urchin as a custom food (I can only choose "1 serving"), if I change the entry to "oz" (which isn't an option during the entry phase), the calorie content changes from 64 calories to 1,800+ calories!! That doesn't make sense at all.

Old 02-07-2011, 12:49 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hmmm--very interesting. Perhaps that's an old/cached/different database? I do note that the URL is different (as when you are not logged in). I also note that your link is for roe, not sea urchin meat (which I assume are different).

So, I can't answer your question, but I can solve (or at least work around) your problem.

When you create your custom food, simply put the serving size in the title. "Sea Urchin Meat 1 oz", for instance. When you log it, simply put the number of 1 oz. "servings" that you will consume.

Regards,
Michael