FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   FitDay Classic Feedback and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-classic-feedback-support/)
-   -   Net Carb Counting (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-classic-feedback-support/327-net-carb-counting.html)

QtrHrsMomma 02-02-2010 10:31 AM

Net Carb Counting

I noticed on my fitday food thingy that its not subtracting my carbs from fibre from the total carbs... Im doing Atkins so need to be able to see my net carbs at a glance. Its making it look like alot more! LOL

Is there a way to change this here?

Thanks a million!!

joltdude 02-02-2010 10:37 PM

I haven't found it but net carbs arent unique to Atkins... Also when your carb counting for diabetes, your advised to subtract out fiber when using an insulin to carb ratio.

Would be extremely useful add-in to Fitday

Roni65 02-03-2010 04:59 AM

I am new to this too.... AND doing Atkins as well....
I noticed the Net Carbs issue as well...
I wanted my Atkins Bars and Shakes in the custom food list....
So i just went back and edited the carb count to match the NET CARB total on the pkg....
This is a very helpful and easy tool... and so much more info at a glance!!!! Thx!!!

mala3505 02-08-2010 08:37 AM

Net Carb Count

Yes, a net carb count would make a big difference for me also. I am on Atkins induction phase with 20 grams if net carbs allowed per day. I eat a lot of high fiber vegetables, so a few grams of fiber make a big difference on how much I can eat. As it stands, my food log for today shows that I have reached my limit of 20 grams of carbs, but I have eaten only 920 calories.
Subtracting fiber on my own, I have eaten only 13.5 net carbs.
I am looking forward to using the awesome fitday counter when the net carb count is an added feature.

mala3505 02-08-2010 09:20 AM

Actually, there is a round-about way to get your net carb count:
under your food log, to the left of the pie chart is a listing of carbs and dietary fiber for your day. So you can do the subtraction yourself. This is great! It's not at a glance, but still great!

kathietaylor 02-09-2010 03:16 AM

Mala, that is what I have been doing too. My carbs are always so high, but I discovered if I subtract the fiber, it isn't really that high at all. I am not doing the low carb diet, but I am trying to keep carbs at close to 40% of my pie chart, it is not possible unless I deduct the fiber and calculate on my own. A little more challenging, but it does keep one mindful.

monnikjuh 02-20-2010 03:26 AM

you have to add you're food to the food list , and need to fill in the right nettocarb's so is how i do it .

Nettocarb = total carb - dietary fiber

aireyel 03-26-2010 12:02 PM

Net Carbs? No help yet?

It looks like no one helped you yet?? Since Feb? If you got help or now know the answer, can you tell me? I posted on Atkins site to try to find out the answer. If I get an answer, I'll post it here for you.

sailgal1 06-02-2010 08:59 AM

Net Carbs?

I've only been using fitday for 5 days, but it is annoying that it won't do the net carbs, I've been thinking it could be that some programs subtract 1/2 the fiber (Dr. Bernstein's Diabetic Solution) and some subtract all the fiber (Atkins).

I have just been putting in the amount of carbs after subtracting the fiber. I guess I'll have to keep a separate log of the amount of fiber per day, since I try to take in no less than 25 grams.

arinesmith 06-08-2010 08:28 AM

When I create a custom food I just put the Net carbs as carbs, and 0 for fiber.