Notices

Metabolic Rate Unchanged in Daily Activity Screens and Reports

Old 02-01-2011, 01:13 AM
FitDay Member

Default Metabolic Rate Unchanged in Daily Activity Screens and Reports

I have changed the metabolic rate screen to show a custom rate rather then the initial rate from a check box. Saved the new rate and all screens show it has been saved.

However, the daily activity screen shows the same daily rate as originally entered and will not change. Calorie balance is thus incorrect every day.

This seems like a bug and should be fixed, unless someone can tell me if there is another way.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator

I played around a bit with mine and noticed the same thing. I put a request in to have it checked out.

For now the only suggestion I have, is to set your custom cals lower to get the #"s you want to show up on your activities.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:03 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks. That is what I am trying to do.
4.8 million users.
Lots of messages here about little to no response - not consistent with that many users.
Bug fixes should have priority over new features.
Disappointing as the overall concept and working seems to be one of the best on the net.
Oh, well.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:46 AM
Super Moderator

Geezer,

There are many things that FitDay is working on and a good chunk of them should be getting corrected soon, I hope this month. You are right, bug fixes should be a priority, and are.

As far as little to no response, I've mentioned this several time, the email system doesn't work. This is another bug that need to get corrected ASAP. That is what prompted the feedback and support forum. As far as little to no response, I think most of the issues that's been reported in this section have been responded to. The fix may not have come but the response did.

I even have http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...s-threads.html stickied right above this thread. I even put my personal email address in it.

Thanks again for your concern.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 02-02-2011 at 08:50 AM.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:49 AM
FitDay Member

I have used fitday w/ myself family and clients and must always adjust downward the basal metabolic rate. I am a very physically active personal trainer and I used to race bikes, however, I had to put in for a seated job w/ very little activity to get the BMR to be correct. I've been tested for BMR (resting) and have done numerous Vo2 tests so I know my numbers are accurate. With your #'s as they are...they are actually encouraging weight gain! Can you do something about this?

Last edited by VitoVino; 12-18-2011 at 03:04 AM.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:30 AM
Super Moderator

Kathy,

thanks for your feedback. I will see what either Admin or the tech team can do to address this.

Shouldn't a custom BMR be used or are you saying that the Lifestyle Activity is incorrect? I've never been tested, so mine may be wrong but I set my BMR to what other sites reflected it to be. Lastly, I've been told that sleep is included but I find when I add in sleep, my # goes down and looks to be more realistic. Do you also account for sleep?

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 02-14-2011 at 11:37 AM.