Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > Forum Feedback and Support > FitDay Classic Feedback and Support
How can I tell what my daily calorie intake should be? >

How can I tell what my daily calorie intake should be?

Community
Notices

How can I tell what my daily calorie intake should be?

Old 01-29-2011, 05:48 AM
FitDay Member

Default How can I tell what my daily calorie intake should be?

Hi! I am wondering how to find out what my daily calorie intake should be? I heard it is available on this site, but I cannot find it. I've seen calories consumed and calories burned, but not how many calories I should be consuming in day. Can anyone help?

Thank you!

Danielle
Old 01-29-2011, 06:24 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by madynlaneylou
Hi! I am wondering how to find out what my daily calorie intake should be? I heard it is available on this site, but I cannot find it. I've seen calories consumed and calories burned, but not how many calories I should be consuming in day. Can anyone help?

Thank you!

Danielle
Danielle, welcome to FitDay!

If you've found cals consumed and cals burned, you're pretty much there.

What you need to do is figure out how much weight you want to lose per week, then figure out how many calories you may consume per day, on average, to reach that goal.

For instance, you must maintain, on average, a 500 calorie per day deficit (eat 500 calories less than you burn) to lost one pound in one week (generally, it takes about a 3,500 calorie deficit to burn one pound of fat).

So, if you burn 2,000 calories a day, you must eat, on average, 1,500 calories per day to lose one pound in one week.

Of course, you'll want to chose a calorie level that you can live within without being tempted to "cheat" due to hunger.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-29-2011, 08:16 AM
Super Moderator

It's under the Activities tab, then custom metabolism. you have to select your lifestyle and such. There are many online calculators that will need you know your caloric need if you want to compare them with FitDay.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 01-29-2011 at 08:28 AM. Reason: took out the link that I included.