Notices

Finding answers to questions & Forum instructions

Old 05-28-2011, 03:10 AM
FitDay Member

Default Finding answers to questions & Forum instructions

Hi,
I'm fairly new, but I'm not sure how to use this forum easily. Are there instructions on it somewhere? Like, how can i know if someone replied to my question, can I receive emails? And, if we want to search our questions first, is there an advanced search, or do we have to open each email.
April
Old 05-28-2011, 04:13 AM
Super Moderator

April, when you click search, there will be an option for advanced search. There is also a "New Posts" option which will show all new posts since you last visitied. You can also click on your user name and pull up your posts and threads that you started.
Old 05-28-2011, 04:26 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Mike,
I found the advanced search, but not the list of threads I've started or replied to. When I click on my user name it brings up a different page, not threads.
Is there somewhere else I should click on?
Old 05-29-2011, 12:23 AM
FitDay Member

Default Instructions for Discussions Forum

Hello,
Where I can I find instructions on using this forum? I'm stumbling along, but there's probably more I can do than I know of.
I asked about this before, but didn't receive a response, I hope someone can this time. Thanks.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:31 AM
Super Moderator

Reading your other question, it seems like you are looking to find certain threads. If you are in the forums, look at the blue bar at the top and click on "thread tools." You can then "subscribe" to a thread.

Also, if you are in the box where you are typing a response, you can scroll down and subscribe to a thread and get email notifications.

I'm not sure what this does, as I don't use it, but it seems like it might be what you're looking to do. I'm not aware of any printed instructions for using the forums.
Old 05-29-2011, 02:54 AM
Super Moderator

You can also subscribe to threads as well, by clicking on thread tools. Clicking on a user name will bring up an option to find more post by that user or you can click the user name and "View Public Profile" > "Statistics" > "View All Threads Started (by that user)"
Old 01-01-2012, 02:39 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by [email protected]
Hello,
Where I can I find instructions on using this forum? I'm stumbling along, but there's probably more I can do than I know of.
I asked about this before, but didn't receive a response, I hope someone can this time. Thanks.
This is new

FAQ's/Newbie Q & A, How To's, & Supporting Links

Last edited by VitoVino; 01-19-2012 at 01:29 AM.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:30 AM
FitDay Member

bump