Notices

How about a "100 Plus to Lose" sub forum?

Old 12-09-2010, 06:29 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default How about a "100 Plus to Lose" sub forum?

Just throwing this idea out there. Yes, we have threads, but they get cluttered. There are lots of issues that pertain to folks like us that really aren't pertinent to others.

Thanks for listening.

Regards,
Michael

PS I imagine "somebody" might be willing to help moderate it ;-)
Old 12-09-2010, 07:36 AM
Super Moderator

First off... I wanted to say congrats. i was actually talking about you about an hour ago. Your weightloss and timeframe are amazing!

Creating a sub forum for this would be out of my hands but to be honest, I don't see it happening, b/c someone would want a 50 pound sub forum and so on. Then the entire board would be cluttered with so many (similar but different) sub forums.

I know that we have more than one 100+ thread going on at the same time, I don't if this is itself is part of the confusion of not.

I could sticky the unisex one if need be.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:53 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Yes, I thought of that, 50 lbs., 25 lbs, etc. Perhaps a less specific title sub forum title for us "morbidly obese" folks (always hated that phrase--not crazy about "person of size", either ;-) might work?

Anyway, I understand--I've set up and help maintain a forum for our Jeep club and it can get overly complex pretty quickly.

Thanks for thinking about me. I've really taken the weight loss pretty slowly this time. Last time I just lost it way too fast--I did a 30 day water fast followed by 9 months on (religiously, with NO cheats)1000 cals a day. Went from around 400 down to a low of 184.

This time, I hope I'm going about it in a little more enlightened fashion and that it will "stick". I'm really getting too old to ever do this again

Thanks for listening, Mike.

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-09-2010, 09:02 AM
Super Moderator

216 pounds in 10 months is crazy. Yeah you better stick to it this time! It older we get, the harder it is to do it.