Notices

BMR - calories used

Old 10-13-2017, 02:41 AM
FitDay Member

Question BMR - calories used

1. I remember seeing a page that showed the BMR using two methodologies with a third line for a custom entry we put in ourselves.
> Can anyone help me find it?
2. So, I customized my BMR number to 1800 cals/day. When I go to my calorie balance page, my resting, zero activity, calorie usage has jumped up to something like 2350. Then I add my activities and it goes even higher. Net result, my calorie difference is always an easy 500-1000, but my actual weight loss doesn’t reflect this magnificent calorie differential! I should be losing a couple of pounds a week, but, sadly, such is not the case.
> why the jump from input (1800) to daily use (2350)?
> Is there a formula I can use to accurately customize my own guess as to my BMR number?
Old 10-13-2017, 05:18 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Kohsamui.

Funny, I just finished changing mine!

Go to Activity Log.

Under Lifestyle click on Customize.

Choose - Use a Custom Baseline - save changes.

Choose - Lifestyle Activity Level - save changes.

I had to put my Baseline to 1150 and my Activity Level to Sedentary to get my preferred calorie intake because I log my sleep separately (it gets added as an additional activity) which gives me a more accurate total of my daily calorie needs.

Hope this helps!
Old 10-13-2017, 04:12 PM
FitDay Member

Smile That helps!

Thanks for the review. And thanks too for reminding me about sleep as an activity. I’ll see where the numbers take me now...