Notices

very interesting on many levels

Old 11-18-2010, 07:27 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
please explain when I was rude or impatient. I don't believe they are finished selecting moderators. I was hell bent on getting rid of the spam and pushed the issue. If you consider that rude or impatient, then so be it... but like you said, that's your opinion and you are entitled to it.

BTW being a moderator isn't a "promotion" it's a matter of volunteering your time to help the board as a whole out. I don't get any special privileges and certainly don't get paid. I'm doing it to help the board out, I'm sorry you don't see it that way.
I Do understand that it is not a promotion or anything else and that it IS a volunteer position. And I am glad to see a team is being formed. My point was that it seems odd to pick someone who I saw as being rude, being one of the "pickees". Cograts on the position.

Well must have missed that one Yauncin. But seriously, she's mad b/c they didn't pick her? Who cares....as long as someone takes care of the site. And I don't care who it is as long as they do a decent job, then that's all I worry about. Mike's been great on this site, as well as GameGal and everyone else with giving good feedback/support to others. That's what we are all here for anyways right?
I am not mad they didnt pick me. And to the one who said maybe I didnt volunteer, I did. But it isnt about me being picked one way or the other. This is only one of many forums I participate in as a poster and moderator of some. So it makes no difference to me whether I am moderator here.. I do plenty of it elsewhere. As I have stated several times now.. my point was about the rudeness, but perhaps my wording was incorrect and what I call rude, others perhaps are more accurate when they say abrasive. Either way, I am glad they do have spam monitors now. It's an improvement very much appreciated.

Last edited by GameGal; 11-18-2010 at 07:29 AM.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:00 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by GameGal
I Do understand that it is not a promotion or anything else and that it IS a volunteer position. And I am glad to see a team is being formed. My point was that it seems odd to pick someone who I saw as being rude, being one of the "pickees". Cograts on the position.

I am not mad they didnt pick me. And to the one who said maybe I didnt volunteer, I did. But it isnt about me being picked one way or the other. This is only one of many forums I participate in as a poster and moderator of some. So it makes no difference to me whether I am moderator here.. I do plenty of it elsewhere. As I have stated several times now.. my point was about the rudeness, but perhaps my wording was incorrect and what I call rude, others perhaps are more accurate when they say abrasive. Either way, I am glad they do have spam monitors now. It's an improvement very much appreciated.
not to keep this going but I still don't know when I was rude. If I was rude to IBAngel then I'd like to know so I could apologize.

You first got defensive and talking about being rude in this thread
http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...ard-again.html
I didn't say anything that could have possibly been taken rude, am I missing something or were you confusing me for someone else, as mentioned above?

I do know that I was critical of Admin and Mods due to lack of activity on this board when all the spamming started, but at that time it was true. Once IBAngle came on and introduced herself she's done an amazing job, I've been nothing but supportive.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:15 AM
FitDay Member

The one person who , in my opinion has been rude and incredibly impatient with the new moderator getting her team together, gets promoted to super moderator!

Many people offered to help and had experience and werent nearly as negative to the new moderator, and yet they werent chosen. hmmm

As I said, very interesting.
I think this is more snide and rude than anything Mike said. Like he said Moderator is not a promotion. Its a thankless Job that he will have to donate his extra time to improving YOUR experience. So please show him a little courtesy.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:17 AM
Super Moderator

vabeachgirlNYC, just wanted to let you know that I reported your post just to see if I'd get it in my email or something. There's nothing wrong with your post. Just wanted to test that function out on my end, I'm sure you'll understand.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:01 AM
FitDay Member

I didn't say anything that could have possibly been taken rude, am I missing something or were you confusing me for someone else, as mentioned above?
Dunno mang, I read the link you had posted and couldn't find anything that would be considered rude - at least in my mind.

Congrats on the "Super Mod" title- this site really needed one bad.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator

vabeachgirlNYC, just wanted to let you know that I reported your post just to see if I'd get it in my email or something. There's nothing wrong with your post. Just wanted to test that function out on my end, I'm sure you'll understand.
Post reported.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:52 AM
FitDay Member

not to keep this going but I still don't know when I was rude. If I was rude to IBAngel then I'd like to know so I could apologize.

You first got defensive and talking about being rude in this thread
http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...ard-again.html

I do know that I was critical of Admin and Mods due to lack of activity on this board when all the spamming started, but at that time it was true. Once IBAngle came on and introduced herself she's done an amazing job, I've been nothing but supportive.
I dont want to keep this going either. I dont think I got the wrong person, but I am not infallible and so I will appologize if that is indeed the case. As I said before, congrats on being one of the team.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator

I dont want to keep this going either. I dont think I got the wrong person, but I am not infallible and so I will appologize if that is indeed the case. As I said before, congrats on being one of the team.
Thanks, and no problem. I've already discussed this with IBAngel.