Notices

Fitday 101

Old 11-12-2010, 08:56 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs down Fitday 101

Oh yeah, I pride myself in being technically savvy but I am finding myself technically challenged with this site.

Just started so I am trying to familiarize myself with the site. It doesn't seem to want to be user friendly. Perhaps I have an email at home giving me the basic details! Nah... checked last night.

So I tried to enter some activity for the day... Well, what I want really is not there.. should would be nice to create my own.. nope... can't see how to do that. So-o-o let's use what's handy... yep adds it to my activity for the day but won't let me change the time interval so it would up the calories burned.
Just gives me 1 minute.. the rest is attached to my 'lifestyle'.

Food... yep I eat it... I've checked the tab a little but hasn't seemed handy yet. With all you folks out there who are using this site you would think handy would be a middle name.

Doesn't make any sense to consider a PC version of Premium Level if I can't even conquer the basics. After all, at this rate I should be able to enter managing the sight as an activity for all of the effort (you can add light kissing and hugging... probably only a minutes worth).

So if anyone out there can jump start my activity on this site I'm all for it!
Old 11-12-2010, 10:49 AM
FitDay Member

It takes a little getting used to, but now that I'm savvy it's pretty easy to use. When you log time for an activity you have to click on the save button, you may have to scroll down to see it. Try that and see if it doesn't help.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:03 AM
Super Moderator

there are activities that are not listed, I hope one day we'll have a customize feature for it like we do for food.

Lets say I went to the gym and hopped on a recumbent bike for 30 mins and it said I burned 225 cals. I come back here and go Activities>Conditioning>stationary biking moderate effort (150 watts) (click add activity)
Then under time I enter :30, under calories burned it says I burned 205, I can either enter more time or change the watts/ effort if I want to be that picky about it.

Give us an example of the food you ate. If it's not in there, why not create your own? There is a tab for that option.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 11-12-2010 at 11:05 AM.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:18 AM
FitDay Member

Default Activities Conquered!

Yes... I see the save button. Who would have thought I would enter my time in the "time box" and would need to press save for it to calculate instead of just pressing enter first to see the results. If I like it then I could click save.

Doesn't work like most applications but I got it.

Yeah, I just started looking at the food section. I hope when I create my own food item it remembers it. Otherwise, I could be unhappy.

Thanks for the quick responses... moving forward...
Old 11-12-2010, 11:42 AM
FitDay Member

Again, make sure you pick "save". Now on the activities I usually use the "Recent Activities" button, cause my days are not all that different, and then I edit all of them and then hit "save" at the end and it does all of them at once. Agreed it's a little old school, which is maybe why I think it's easy to use...

With the foods I find about 50-60% of the time the items are in there no problem. It's when I'm using a specific product, because it is lower in calories or fat, that I have trouble. But once I put in the information I usually buy the product over and over again, so once it's done it's great.

Last edited by almeeker; 11-12-2010 at 11:44 AM.