FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   FitDay Classic Feedback and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-classic-feedback-support/)
-   -   Lack of Admin & Mod participation = Spammer's Heaven (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-classic-feedback-support/2290-lack-admin-mod-participation-%3D-spammers-heaven.html)

midwestj 11-06-2010 08:21 AM

Or how about we just recruit some new moderators. People who are actually active on the site and care about its well-being.

Your staff should be embarrassed by themselves. Moderator titles are not to be given to people who don't deserve them which seems to be the case right now.

If they find this offensive, good maybe they should. Maybe this will get their attention: I WILL NOT THINK TWICE ABOUT BUYING ANY FITDAY PAID SERVICES UNTIL THESE BOARDS ARE REGULARLY MODERATED.

GameGal 11-06-2010 12:20 PM

I'm sorry but considering this is FREE board for us to use, and considering in all the time I have been here at least lurking (at least 2 yrs)... and there was rarely any moderators ( nor major problems)... when someone does finally come along and has only been here what 24 hours?? I think its a little rude to criticize her right off the bat. As she said, they are FORMING a team of moderators.. give them a chance! No one said you HAD to buy or use the premium package. All the things you need to keep track and monitor your foods. activity. and also get to communicate to the community... is free. If they had announced themselves 3 or 6 months ago and still are not actively monitoring this, that would be another story.

The flip side of this, and I doubt many people would really like this... is they could require ALL posts to be approved by a moderator which means things we need posted in a timely manner, like support needed... could take days or even weeks to post.

Although I dont like seeing "free phones. i-pads. whatever. I dont mind overlooking the few that are there to be able to 'post to my buddies' here.

Sorry, I just had to vent at the impatience here.

midwestj 11-06-2010 03:52 PM

Sorry I know that wasn't very constructive. I suggest to recruit more moderators.

This site does offer paid services and maybe if they maintained it better more people would be willing to pay for the services.

The spam is frustrating.

01gt4.6 11-07-2010 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by GameGal (Post 24746)

The flip side of this, and I doubt many people would really like this... is they could require ALL posts to be approved by a moderator which means things we need posted in a timely manner, like support needed... could take days or even weeks to post.

I think what you are missing is that this board would not exist without us. There would be no need for the paying advertisers to sponsor this forum if there were nobody to advertise to. With that being said, the moderators can't handle their "work load" now, what do you think would happen if they put us all on PA? They'd never get around to giving approval, the site would get less traffic, the paying sponsors would leave, the site would then shut down and everyone would go to another site. Or at least that's how I see it unfolding.

cjohnson728 11-07-2010 05:30 AM

Did the new spam appear over the weekend? Do moderators work 24/7?

I'm appreciative of the help we have; I understand it will take a little time to get it going.

I also acknowledge that the site is free, and I'm willing to overlook some inconveniences (like Saturday spam not disappearing till Monday), but also know that everyone, myself included, has a tipping point at which they will just go find another site.

I'm really hoping this one sticks around and tightens up, though.

IBAngel 11-08-2010 09:53 AM

Thank you for adding links this helps with quickly combating the spam.

Originally Posted by GameGal (Post 24746)
As she said, they are FORMING a team of moderators.

You are absolutely right. I was brought on to form a moderation team. We expect to begin the preliminary stages later today.

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 24795)
Did the new spam appear over the weekend? Do moderators work 24/7?

You are correct. I do not work 24hrs a day (Thank goodness, for my own personal sanity;)) . I work business hours in PST, but that is why we are forming a moderation team, especially in different time zones so we can make sure to combat spammers quickly.

I believe I have eliminated all of the spam that was posted over the weekend. If you see anymore please do not hesitate to post the link here. I appreciate your patience. ~Amber

midwestj 11-08-2010 11:16 AM

Hi Amber I wanted to apologize for any negative posts I made, they were in retrospect about the past spammings.

I think you are doing well, and its a lot for just one person.

01gt4.6 11-08-2010 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by midwestj (Post 24920)
Hi Amber I wanted to apologize for any negative posts I made, they were in retrospect about the past spammings.

I think you are doing well, and its a lot for just one person.

I agree totally. Unfortunately this is a "shooting the messenger" thing here. I think we were all so frustrated and had nobody to take it on on that when someone, Amber, stepped up to the plate we all finally had someone to bitch to. I think she's doing a great job. Hopefully she can get some help to tackle the issues that we have. I think we all have a few request but the big issue that we all share is the spam.
As Amber said, including links will make her job much easier.

IBAngel 11-08-2010 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by midwestj (Post 24920)
Hi Amber I wanted to apologize for any negative posts I made, they were in retrospect about the past spammings. I think you are doing well, and its a lot for just one person.

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 24923)
I agree totally. Unfortunately this is a "shooting the messenger" thing here. I think we were all so frustrated and had nobody to take it on on that when someone, Amber, stepped up to the plate we all finally had someone to bitch to. I think she's doing a great job. Hopefully she can get some help to tackle the issues that we have. I think we all have a few request but the big issue that we all share is the spam.
As Amber said, including links will make her job much easier.

Thanks guys! I appreciate it. We want this site to be as successful as you do and we are truly working hard on making it better.

01gt4.6 11-10-2010 02:34 AM

spam... for breakfast?

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...t-interpr.html