Notices
Like Tree2Likes

How to do a Recipe on FitDay.

Old 12-21-2011, 10:23 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks a lot Tori for the detailed explanation and Vito for the link.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:05 AM
FitDay Member

Kyra and Tori--thanks for this thread! I was actually just searching online for a good recipe builder earlier today, but I used Tori's suggestion (thanks for the clear explanation) and it worked wonderfully.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:58 PM
FitDay Member

I'm glad I could be of assistance!

Creating Custom Foods and Custom Meals has been key for me. I tend to use store brands when I can, simply for monetary reasons, and have found that they usually differ from national brands. Because of this, I only log foods that I've created in my Customs. The great thing about using the same brands time after time is, when you need to use it for a recipe, BAM it's already in your Custom Foods.

It takes some playing with, but once you get the hang of it, it only takes a matter of seconds to create your foods.

One thing that I do when I'm away from home is take a picture of the Nutritional label with my phone. That way I can call them up on demand when I want to create my foods. Saves the headache of trying to remember what was what, or looking them up online.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:17 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Don't forget that the FitDay PC software has a nice recipe builder built in, and will sync with FitDay On-line if you have the Premium service. I use it quite often.

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-25-2011, 11:46 PM
FitDay Member

Hello. I record my food intake in a notebook,This method worked for me before I had a computer/Iphone etc.My daughter does the same using her Ipod....so whatever works for you.Just have to keep a record that helps you lose wt.Good luck.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:31 AM
FitDay Member

Default recipe builder

Thanks for this thread! Im giving Fit Day a trial run and like many things about this format, but I dont care to purchase upgrades yet...
The dificulty of adding a home cooked recipe was gonna be a deal breaker for me. This info was key to keeping me on this site.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:54 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by healthandhope
Thanks for this thread! Im giving Fit Day a trial run and like many things about this format, but I dont care to purchase upgrades yet...
The dificulty of adding a home cooked recipe was gonna be a deal breaker for me. This info was key to keeping me on this site.

Great news. Those of us that take the time to understand how things work here, and why certain things are the way they are, have grown to love FitDay. At first glance things may seem overwhelming/confusing and possibly lacking. With minimal effort (like checking out our help file below ) and time it becomes clear just how powerful this fitness tracker is.

And we have a great community too. So stick around.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:18 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by healthandhope
I am relatively new here, too and wasn't sure if I could stick with all the logging and creating custom foods. My experience is that I got used to it much faster than I thought. Once you build a "basic" food list - it becomes much easier - and the routine of building recipes becomes much! faster with a little practice. Keep at it, it is a great feeling to take control and to track what you can do for yourself to become healthier and to loose weight.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:57 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
I'm glad I could be of assistance!

One thing that I do when I'm away from home is take a picture of the Nutritional label with my phone. That way I can call them up on demand when I want to create my foods. Saves the headache of trying to remember what was what, or looking them up online.

Tori - that's a great suggestion. I had never thought to do this... Thanks!
Old 01-03-2012, 03:22 AM
Super Moderator

There's also a recipe builder that I use.

Can't claim to be the one to have found it (that was cjohnson) but I find that it helps. Some foods aren't in the database, however, so if I find that I can't create the recipe accurately there, I do use Tori's method

Last edited by VitoVino; 01-04-2012 at 05:35 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.