Notices

Sugar content

Old 01-18-2010, 05:13 AM
FitDay Member

I am sure there are many diabetics who NEED to track their sugar, using fitday. I am prediabetic and should definitely be tracking sugar. I would appreciate it if the site would upgrade to include sugar tracking.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:31 PM
FitDay Member

Default Tracking Sugar

I am a new user of fitday.come, and I see where I can track the calories, fat, vitamins, etc, for the food I eat, but I don't see anywhere that is tracking the amount of sugur. Am I missing something? Can anyone help? Thanks.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:04 PM
FitDay Member

There doesn't appear to be a way to track sugar. One person said they put the sugar in where it says alcohol...

Being in a prediabetic state I would like to be able to track sugars as well. I know there was a thread on here recently addressing that very issue so perhaps the powers that be here on fitday will fix this issue.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:43 PM
FitDay Member

Carbs are an umbrella category.. Basically a carb will raise your BG level... It be nice to actually be able to see a total amount of sugars (note i didnt say sugar, sugar comes in more than one form) per serving/per day... or have a place to add in your BG information, even as a premium feature.

Believe it or not when you get into the more tricky forms of diabetes control, you basically deal with "net carbs" to figure out how much insulin to take.. problem is oftentimes theres multiple types of sugars used in a product and this sums it up... Net carbs are the total carbs - fiber per serving...

Data on just sugars is usually not avalible in the food label.. Sugar alcohols sometimes are listed but thats another bag of worms.. They arent *true* sugars and behave differently than regular sugar/glucose.. Sugar alcohols tend to not increase BG (much) and are used in a lot of sugar free products...but they supposedly still have carbs.(this is an area im fuzzier on so feel free to corrent re. Sugar alcohol explanation)

Last edited by joltdude; 02-02-2010 at 10:47 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:05 AM
FitDay Member

I also have got to track sugar intake...i thought maybe it was where the alcohol list was as well...I wanted to address this with the site administrator but can not find a link...

Should I just use the alcohol section as well??

thanks, Deirdre
Old 02-27-2010, 08:44 AM
FitDay Member

Same question. Has anyone found how best to track sugar intake?
Old 02-27-2010, 08:49 AM
FitDay Member

Red face where/how does one track sugar intake?

What happens when one uses the alcohol units to record sugar intake?
I think it would be helpful to have a separate catagory for sugar.
How can I send this message forward to the software folks?
Old 02-28-2010, 10:35 AM
FitDay Member

I, too, used the alcohol category once and didn't like it. Reports were off. Alcohol takes up a portion of the pie chart....yuk!

I think I was assuming it was available on the PC version?? Is it?

I'd LOVE to see that added to the online version, too.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:27 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

I am a new user also and I am diabetic. I think tracking my sugars would be more important than tracking my alcohol especially since I don't consider alcohol a nutrient. I hope they change or add sugars to the list of nutrients to be tracked.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:36 PM
FitDay Member

Default It's not a nutrient but...

Originally Posted by kbear_963
I am a new user also and I am diabetic. I think tracking my sugars would be more important than tracking my alcohol especially since I don't consider alcohol a nutrient. I hope they change or add sugars to the list of nutrients to be tracked.
While alcohol is not a nutrient (because it is considered a toxin) alcohol does supply calories/energy to the body.

Carbs & Protein both deliver 4 cal/g, Fats deliver 9cal/g, and alcohol delivers 7 cal/g

So if you are drinking alcohol, not tracking it could lead to additional hidden calories; not to mention the sugars.

I too cannot understand WHY Fitday.com does not track sugars. For crimity's sake About.com's free tracking software tracks sugar! We've been asking for FitDay to add Sugar as a category since the first version, do they not listen?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.