Notices

Sugar content

Old 11-17-2010, 11:39 AM
Super Moderator

yaucin, I believe that will be something that admin will have to look into.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:31 PM
FitDay Member

Default tracking sugar

I agree, I think this should be added. It is very important for some people.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator

this has been brought to our attention. We'll see what can be done to incorporate that in.
Old 11-19-2010, 02:22 AM
FitDay Member

Default sugar content

I am new to this site but was wondering if just adding raw sugar in your food log would work for calculating daily intake.What I mean is say your food item has 4g of sugar but is not listed in nutrition facts just add raw sugar from the menu list at the same equilavent of 4g and you now have entered the caloric/nutrition info.I know this would be a little extra work but hey it's the only way that I can see calculating sugar intake on here.Someone let me know what you think or am I just crazy.Sugar is my friend but I hate him.

Last edited by rodwagen; 11-22-2010 at 11:43 PM.
Old 11-20-2010, 04:55 AM
FitDay Member

O.K., so how do we contact the administrator? I'm pre-diabetic and I'm trying really hard to keep track of my sugar intake, particularly added sugars. I realize carbs all break down into sugars but it would be helpful to keep track of them nevertheless. I got the following information from a different website and it helps to sum up my knowledge on the subjet:

"Sugars are simple carbohydrates and count toward your carbohydrate total without adding any useful nutrients to your diet. Most of the sugar we eat is added to a product during manufacturing -- which is why they're called "added" sugars. Examples include high-fructose corn syrup in soda and dextrose in cookies. (On the other hand, the fructose found in fruit and the lactose in milk is naturally present and doesn't count as added sugar.) The USDA recommends limiting added sugars to no more than 10 percent of your total calories. For most people, that's about 48 grams per day, or 12 teaspoons. Breakfast cereals, juice drinks, and soft drinks can sneak in huge amounts of sugar -- just one can of soda has about 40 grams, or 10 teaspoons."

Pay particular note to the parenthetical phrase of, "On the other hand, the fructose found in fruit and the lactose in mild is naturally present and doesn't cound as added sugar." Anyway, I'm trying to keep track of the added sugars and keep them below 10 percent of my overall calorie allotment but it would sure be helpful to keep track of all the sugars.

Thanks for any information you can provide regarding how to contact the administrator or for passing our request on to him/her for us.

- PEACE -
Old 11-20-2010, 09:06 AM
Super Moderator

this is the best way and I'll forward this on.
Old 11-20-2010, 10:01 AM
FitDay Member

Just a note on sugars. Food labels list the total sugars in a food - both added and naturally occurring. It does not distinguish between the two (unfortunately).
Old 11-21-2010, 05:17 PM
FitDay Member

I would like to see an explanation for this question. Anyone out there know?
Old 11-22-2010, 11:42 PM
FitDay Member

Exclamation sugar content

I suppose I answered my own question.This would not be accurate because sugars are comprised in the carbhydrate breakdown and I could not get the correct value by just adding sugar info without affecting my carb score.I suppose I welcome and need feedback thx.

Last edited by rodwagen; 11-22-2010 at 11:44 PM.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:30 AM
Banned

I too would love to see an option to track Net Carbs.
This is my way of monitoring sugar myself.
Even though I use this site I still have a notebook to track my Net Carbs. As a pre-diabetic it is indeed necessary to keep track of my sugar.
Also, I would like to keep track of blood sugar. My doctor wants me to take a reading in the AM after I wake up and about two hours after my last meal of the day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.